lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-09-2011, 08:25 PM   #11
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Default Re: Selling question

hey pib... i checked her in columbus area at the state highway patrol and they advised me that the state will issue a plate and title for it but that dosent consider it street legal. the ohio revised law book says they are illegal to run on the road, but the bmv will take your money and give you a plate. but they say it it utimately up to the local munipalities to determine legal or not. my stae farm told me to insure my cart for 1 year is 43 dollars. for a full replacement value. but i had a issue with calling my buggie a "golf mobile"!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-09-2011, 08:39 PM   #12
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIB-My-Ride View Post
Chris,

I can only speak for Ohio, but the first step is that a municipality passes an ordinance to allow golf carts on public streets and roads. This is typically a subset of LSV laws. As far as I know, this can only apply to streets with a speed limit of 35 mph or less, but I can't guarantee that that's not up to the discretion of a given municipality.

As the owner of a cart or other LSV seeking license plates, you must ensure that it meets equipment criteria. On South Bass Island, this equipment includes:

Headlights
Turn signals
Brake/tail lights
Seatbelts
Horn
Rearview Mirror
Windshield

When the criteria are met, the vehicle is taken to the police station for inspection. If the vehicle passes inspection and a Bill of Sale is presented, an approval form is given to the owner. That form is taken by the owner to the county DMV with a proof of insurance and yes, ready? A TITLE IS ISSUED!!! (as are a set of standard vehicular license plates)

As far as insurance Chris - your point about "Andrew" rang true - my agents had to research the procedure and policy and get back to me, but they found what they needed that same day. My cart is insured for loss & liability and so far 98-year-old Judy has yet to run me off the road, but I'll keep an eye out for her!

So. I'm glad to know that I wasn't alone when I saw $1,200 carts on the side of the road and thought, "hey, I'm tired of renting POS's by the hour. I should buy one of those cheap carts, slap some lights on it and I should be ahead of the game by August. That dude who thinks his lot full of street-legal 2-seaters are worth $2,500 each is crazy!"

I bought a $1,500 cart from a friend who runs several resorts. He was selling 35 of them at that price to a wholesaler. It was in average condition, but had received above-average maintenance. The backseat cost $400, plus a BIG shipping fee. $100 for springs. Over $250 for light & horn kit. $25 mirror, $45 belts.

Add the car-ferry fares and time? jeeeez. Let's just say it DID NOT pay for itself by that August! lol

Don't worry Tom, I don't think anyone is "bunched up", but also remember that OSUFan probably isn't planning to sell his cart very far from the island where carts outnumber cars by a HUGE ratio, and where street-legality is not only a reality, it's a must.

If someone were to take my cart and leave me $1,800 cash in a brown bag, I'd file a police report and an insurance claim!

You meet my criteria sir
Researched, humerous and tongue in cheek.
Bon Homme

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:47 AM   #13
Ohiostatefan
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

My PIB Friend is correct.......I intend to recycle my cart on the island.....it'll make someone a nice back up cart at minimum.

My primary residence is in southern Ohio and when I took all my info to them to get the tags...they immediately told me "You cannot license a golfcart in Ohio".....I had to educate them on the process as well and 35 minutes later walked out with my plate and registration.

Your questions and natural resistance to believe is understood.
Visit PIB once and you'll see that no stop lights, max speed limits of 35mph and all the golf carts on the streets is commonplace.

Thanks for all the dialogue!

Hey PIB.......you gonna be there for New Years at the Bay (16th)or the 5k run (24th)? If so....I'll buy ya a beer!

:occas ion5:
Ohiostatefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:52 AM   #14
PIB-My-Ride
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiostatefan View Post
Hey PIB.......you gonna be there for New Years at the Bay (16th)or the 5k run (24th)? If so....I'll buy ya a beer!

:occas ion5:
This wkd is the first of HalloWeekends at CP, as well as the Boat Show, so I'll be sticking close to the park.

Might be up for the 24th though. "a" beer? ok - I'll bring cash for the rest. lol
PIB-My-Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:50 PM   #15
Ohiostatefan
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIB-My-Ride View Post
This wkd is the first of HalloWeekends at CP, as well as the Boat Show, so I'll be sticking close to the park.

Might be up for the 24th though. "a" beer? ok - I'll bring cash for the rest. lol
Ha - Ok, ok....a few beer(s)! I'll be there.....I'll send a a PM with my cell number so you can text or call me.....or always up for a meeting at the GOAT.
Ohiostatefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car