lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-16-2011, 12:20 PM   #11
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: power spring

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinger5 View Post
20 mph ? Something is not right. You should easily get past that speed with the modifications I sent you. 20 mph is laughable. Let's sort it out !!
Ease up there Stinger!

20 mph with a stock engine, and stock 18" turf tires is MORE then max of what a cart should do!
(With larger tires, high speed gears, and engine... now, that's a totally different story!)

But, with all of the replies on this... someone is going to get hurt!

my .02
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-16-2011, 12:40 PM   #12
stinger5
Gone Wild

It's up top in the stickies. "how to speed up your golf cart" but just in brief, remove the rear access cover and zip tie the axle governor springs so that they can't expand. Next, remove the rpm limiter ground wire located under the front of the engine block. Your cart is now unrestricted but be WARNED ! The engine will now rev freely and go beyond it's design parameters. 4000 rpm's is considered safe but don't push it for extended periods. I highly recommend installing a tachometer to keep an eye on things if you don't have a finely tuned ear. The engine can and most likely WILL grenade if you push it to hard.
That's all there is to it. FWIW, my motor (FE290) has been balanced and ported, it also runs stiffer valve springs, larger valves and the head was skimmed 20 thousandths. Never had it on a dyno but I would estimate it puts out around 12 -13 HP @5500rpm. It doesn't sound like much but it's approximately a 1/3 jump over standard and she runs like an angry bear.
stinger5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:40 PM   #13
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Or break something, why don't you post your PM secrets so we can all take a look and see what's up.
Or maybe PCC can post the PM?
Not to call anyone down but advice posted in PMs can not be viewed or verified by anyone else.....

Oh K, posted at the same time.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car