lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-10-2011, 05:08 AM   #1
Tool Man II
Not Yet Wild

Default kf82 valve adjustment

I have 1989 club car kf82 engine. Im rebuilding engine but having trouble finding cam follower tappets. Had to replace intake valve that tappet was tight I can file that one exhaust is .011 I found part number just told parts are hard to come by. Anybody have any other thought for adjusting these I thought about trying to find washer to shim tappet but dont think Ill find one that thin.And then it may not hold up
Tool Man II is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-11-2011, 01:09 AM   #2
jace1975
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: kf82 valve adjustment

I would have the exhaust valve and seat ground which will lower the stem of the valve allowing you to then grind the tappet to set the clearance. Might be a good idea to have the intake valve and seat ground to match each other as well since you replaced that valve. I believe the correct angle should be 45 degrees.

Jason
jace1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:06 AM   #3
stinger5
Gone Wild

I have seen cases where the valve has been forced up into it's seat due to over tight valve clearance. This situation causes the valve to "snap" into it's location as opposed to just seating easily and will force the the valve head to impact into the cylinder head. Under these circumstances, the valve stem will be too high and will offer little or no adjustment. The head maybe re-cut to allow the fitment of an oversized valve or unfortunately, may require replacement of the head. Re-cutting the seat will RAISE the valve toward the tappet and maybe fruitless in certain cases. The valve stem is case hardened and therefore any substantial material removal will expose the underlying softer metal which will accelerate the time between valve adjustment. Should you opt to remove any material from the valve stem tip I would suggest using an oil stone with ample oil to lubricate the process.
Hope that makes sense.

S5
stinger5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:04 AM   #4
Tool Man II
Not Yet Wild

Ive seated both valves. Thats why I replaced intake I had grove in it.I thought about grinding the exhaust valve but .006 is alot of grinding plus alot of material. from what ive read Im on the max clearance on the exhaust and the min clearance on the intake.But do these motors wear on valve seats or do they wear out tappets.
Tool Man II is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car