lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-02-2012, 07:19 PM   #1
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Default wheel spacers

got my 2" wheel spacers today from cart parts plus. these things are way to pretty to mount on the cart, they need a glass case to hang on the wall, for every one to admire.
all kidding aside, last month i changed rims and tires on my cart, i put 205/65/10's on the rear and 205/50/10's on the front. looks really cool for a non-lifted golf cart, but made this thing topsy turby, so bad........ i rolled it on its side while doing a low speed u-turn. nobody saw it, so in my eyes no harm, no foul. but it has been keeping me from having fun. so to speak.
so i mounted the wheel spacers, up front only, 2"s per side, the tires now stick out past the front fender.took a straight 2x4 and laid it against rear and front tire, perfect alignment!! take the cart out for a test drive, and wow!! what a difference, night and day. the cart feels like its on a rail now.with a perma-grin<<(redneck word) we are back to having fun again. AND LOOKS EVEN COOLER.... (that's from a redneck's point of view)
wish one of our sponsors sold a 1" spacer plate to lift the front of the cart a little?, thinks the would complete the ride height, and stance i am looking for.
ok ok maybe a set a fender flares on the front............
my name is Mud, it has been 3 day's 7 hours an 37 minutes, since i last ordered a cart part.........
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-02-2012, 07:56 PM   #2
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: wheel spacers

Ahh Yes,Another soon-to-be member of COA (Cart Owners Anonymous)!Never admit anything,and when it happens,you were trying to do it!!!
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:09 PM   #3
bigjako
Not Yet Wild

Since the initial purchase of my cart I have only put anther 200 bucks into it. Allsports lift and brushguard, tach, 25 inch tires, seat covers, wheel spacers, rocker covers and various powder coated parts. Not bad for 200 bucks? Thats my story and i am stickin to it. Seriously quit counting at 200, just sounds better to my wife. COA, the first step is admitting it.
bigjako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:23 AM   #4
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have ordered a couple of these http://www.eaglecustomcarts.com/stor...&Product_ID=79

they seem to work out well. I think jakes makes one as well? move the front end out a bit and about a 1/2 inch of lift.

one other thing you can try is to put on a new front spring if your cart is a bit older. I have done that to 2 diff. carts and it made a large difference in front ride height
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:48 AM   #5
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

4 vertical,

the cart is a 04, the part you listed stops at 03 and picks up again at 08. thinks that might still work, i have this piece of Brazilian Iron Wood, ( hardest and most dense wood in the world, impervious to rot) that is a 1" 1/4 thick. i was thinking of placing a piece of that wood in between the frame and plate. and just buy longer bolts, this wood is harder than some metals i have come across.....

tanks....

P.S.
native texan here, but i married a yankee gal, from elkhart, smirkin you did'nt date my gal back in the day did ya? cause she said , she knew right where that was at.........
my gal looks like your avitar, just with dark hair.

Last edited by ProjectClubCar; 02-05-2012 at 09:57 AM.. Reason: added to it
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:14 PM   #6
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

i think they are all the same. there is a year diff. on the lifts do to them changing the bearing sizes on the spindles to metric.

although I have never dealt with a cart that new(04). i did do one that had metric bearings but can't remember the year. it was a limo. i put a supersport lift on it and all the front end stuff looked the same.

just my opinion but i would never use wood. also 1.25 might be a bit too thick. if you space the bottom down too far the tires will, start to lean. out at the top i think.

another thing some carts, limos i think. come with 3 of the plates that are stacked up above the leaf spring on them from the factory. this gives them a lil bit of lift that way too.

your cart isn't that old, but if it was rode hard at a course you might be shocked at the spring sag. mine was a 98 that i replaced the front spring on. made a noticeable diff.
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car