lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-24-2015, 11:39 AM   #1
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Front shocks.....Hunting TXT. What's the best?

Ok guys....the last set I put on was about 3 years ago and they were auto shocks. I don't recall the brand....but they were not low end one's. I believe the same shocks that fit '65 thru '67 Ford Mustang's as well. Or something in those years. I use this for hunting and the front end takes some abuse. I dunno if coil overs are a good idea....or if that just is something else to break. (I'm thinking it's just something else to break. The front spring should handle the bumps...the shock should handle the damping.

Anyway.....brands? Where to buy? My right front is leaking. (I'm speaking of my right front shock of course. )
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-24-2015, 02:44 PM   #2
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Front shocks.....Hunting TXT. What's the best?

Ok....after some intensive Google research that actually made my eye's bleed....(I really have to quite trying to put the pencil holding thing in my ear....I'm just NOT a carpenter!!! ) I came across what may possibly be right. Well....maybe.

It's the Monro Matic Plus Rear\Front Shock, Monroe part # 31039. It's compressed length is 10.75" and max travel is 6.5" leaving the full extension length of 17.25". I have to measure my existing blown shocks....but this "seems" right.
Old 10-25-2015, 06:52 PM   #3
culli292
Getting Wild
Club Car

I have a set of front coil overs from Jason's and they have proved very good.
culli292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 06:12 AM   #4
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by culli292 View Post
I have a set of front coil overs from Jason's and they have proved very good.
Is your cart lifted? More front travel?
Old 10-26-2015, 08:27 AM   #5
kobx
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

My cart has the 6" spindle lift on it, and at the advice from another member on here, I just recently replaced all my shocks with these:

Gabriel PT# 81270: http://www.autozone.com/suspension-s...artNumber=true

So far, I've been real happy.
kobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 08:40 AM   #6
paintdude96
Been Wild Since Day 1

E-Z-GO

if you go back to the thread that you have chimed in on (terrible handing,not safe....) I gave a part number from auto zone GABRIEL GUARDIAN 81270 they are red . works really good
paintdude96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 09:11 AM   #7
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Thanks man!!!

Edit: BTW....And why would I actually do something as simple as this??? I went out and wiped off the dirt on the good shock (better than cleaning off the oil on the bad one) and guess what? There was the Monroe shock # stamped right there on the shock for the whole world to see. Imagine that!!!

So, the Monroe shock # is 31069 and when you compare the spec's to your Gabriel shock part number, the two are the same as far as compressed length, extended length and travel length. So....my Brother in law is a mechanic. I'll send him the info as he can get me his mechanic discount on the part. Besides...he's the one that has to install it anyway.

Thanks.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:13 AM   #8
paintdude96
Been Wild Since Day 1

E-Z-GO

No problem works great on liftef carts uploadfromtaptalk1445868770062.jpguploadfromtaptalk1445868791653.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
paintdude96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 12:59 PM   #9
DaveTM
Gone Wild

BTW......just a few drops of leaky shock oil on your disc......do wonders for making your eyes bug out......and your tighty whities change colors when your attempting to stop on a steep downhill. It's amazing what one front disc can do for stopping power. (Yes.....I have two front disc.....but only one blown shock that has the leaky oil)
Old 10-27-2015, 07:13 AM   #10
DaveTM
Gone Wild

BTW & FWIW, my B-I-L picked up the Monroe shocks for me at his discount price. I dunno what that is yet, but I know it's less than what I can buy Monroe's for on-line as I told him what the on-line price was.

FWIW, I'm not a big fan of the coil over shocks. Why? Well, I believe the carts' springs are suppose to do the job of supporting the cart and the cart's load. And the shocks are suppose to do the job of dampening the "springing-ness" or repetitive bouncy that occurs when your on rough terrain. So, if you have a saggy cart....get springs to support your cart and load. If you have to much springing-ness, get shocks that will dampen that to control it.

MHO
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO