lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-23-2016, 06:15 PM   #11
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

Default Re: New to RXV - Any Good Info Out There?

Pinball

Let me guess at key problem.....you must turn key on and off multiple times to get cart to run.

Am I correct?
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-24-2016, 07:27 PM   #12
PinballDad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTechRedNeck View Post
Pinball

Let me guess at key problem.....you must turn key on and off multiple times to get cart to run.

Am I correct?
You are correct. Been that way since I bought it used in 2011. I put new batteries, new brake(now removed), new motor, new solenoid, new battery cables, new key switch and problem never went away. Almost bought new controller but said enough is enough and decided to just live with it.
PinballDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 09:51 AM   #13
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

HiTech, whats your solution to this key issue, once the key switch has been replaced and that still doesn't help this problem?
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 12:49 PM   #14
RXV Dawg
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey tennis shoe View Post
HiTech, whats your solution to this key issue, once the key switch has been replaced and that still doesn't help this problem?
I'd be interested in this too - mine intermittently does this. Usually corrects after a couple of on-off cycles, but one time it didn't. I reached under the seat and flipped the tow switch on and off and then it started right up - not sure if that had anything to do with it, but it worked that time.
RXV Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 01:07 PM   #15
Raylance
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Mine does this as well. Would love to know the fix.
Raylance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 03:47 PM   #16
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

One solution to the RXV key switch struggle is to slow down your turning of the key. Give the cart a second to recognize each change of key position. Sounds stupid but once I showed this to an elderly client he was thrilled with the result. Went around showing all his elderly pals.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 03:53 PM   #17
RXV Dawg
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
One solution to the RXV key switch struggle is to slow down your turning of the key. Give the cart a second to recognize each change of key position. Sounds stupid but once I showed this to an elderly client he was thrilled with the result. Went around showing all his elderly pals.
I have noticed this too. My normal practice now is to turn it to Reverse until I hear it click and start buzzing, then I proceed to Forward with the switch.
RXV Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 05:00 PM   #18
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Also, keep feet off the pedalS, and make sure any floor mat is nowhere near the pedals
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 12:05 PM   #19
ckdgolfcarts
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

One other thing I noticed on the RXV is that dirt and debris get stuck behind the gas pedal assembly and won't allow the gas pedal to come all the way back. I believe there is a microswitch that is engaged when the pedal is all the way back so if there is dirt and debris in there this won't happen. You can try reaching down and pulling the gas pedal back to see if the key works and disengages the brake. If it works, then take a compressed air nozzle, put it down behind the brake and blow all the debris out. This has worked on several different carts.
ckdgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 01:54 PM   #20
PinballDad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckdgolfcarts View Post
One other thing I noticed on the RXV is that dirt and debris get stuck behind the gas pedal assembly and won't allow the gas pedal to come all the way back. I believe there is a microswitch that is engaged when the pedal is all the way back so if there is dirt and debris in there this won't happen. You can try reaching down and pulling the gas pedal back to see if the key works and disengages the brake. If it works, then take a compressed air nozzle, put it down behind the brake and blow all the debris out. This has worked on several different carts.
That is a good tip for people to check. In my case I took the entire assembly apart. the cart still did it (key issue) while I confirmed the peddle switch contacts were in the proper position. So a non solution for me. I can see others affected by this though. Gotta check like you guys said.

I just live with my issue. Never have I been stranded and never has it taken more than 10 key turns to get engaged and move. The average is 2 to 3 turns. On a good day, it works the first time. Weather does not affect it. Acts same way middle of cold Michigan winter or 6 months later during a hot Michigan summer!
PinballDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO