lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-06-2016, 09:33 PM   #1
Obz
Not Yet Wild

Lightbulb Maybe help someone else out, solid green charge port light on RXV

Just got done washing my new RXV for the first time. I should mention, the body is completely off the cart along with the top, etc. Basically motor, batteries, and frame. I decided to wash it in sub 30 degree weather. Maybe not super smart, but I wanted to get it done so I could start putting it back together. Well, I backed her out into the driveway and started washing (I've got a hot water spicket in my garage). Once I was done, decided to push it back into the garage for drying and NOTHING. No click when put into drive/neutral/reverse... nothing. So I jacked up the back end with my motorcycle jack and pushed it into the garage. One thing I did notice was the green light indicator on the charger was a solid green as if it was plugged in and fully charged. Seemed odd to me, but explained why it wouldn't engage the drive (plugged in == no go). After doing some research seems like the temp sensor may have tripped from either the cold air or warm water. Stuck some heaters on the batteries (near the heat sensor) and in a matter of minutes, green light went off and cart engages again. Thought this might be useful to someone out there if all the sudden their cart no longer runs and they notice that green light illuminated.
Obz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-07-2016, 05:40 PM   #2
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

Default Re: Maybe help someone else out, solid green charge port light on RXV

Hi RXV tech here...

Water is in the charge port.
Cart thinks charger is plugged in.

We get this sometimes when washing carts.
When port drys out -- everything will be fine.
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 08:59 PM   #3
Obz
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Maybe help someone else out, solid green charge port light on RXV

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTechRedNeck View Post
Hi RXV tech here...

Water is in the charge port.
Cart thinks charger is plugged in.

We get this sometimes when washing carts.
When port drys out -- everything will be fine.
Just kidding then. I guess drying out the plug did it then. The heaters were all over the thing so that makes sense too. Thanks for the clarification!
Obz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO