lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-24-2016, 05:18 PM   #11
Zachary25
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Ez go rxv onboard charger HELP!

Well i just went over to a guys golf cart shop and he had the same charger hooked up and i took pics looks pretty straight forward, now i have a problem he said the controller i have won't work with my throttle. My throttle is ITS and 5-0k and i need a controller that has 0-5k controller is a curtis 1520-5501 500amp 48 volt
Zachary25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-24-2016, 10:21 PM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Sorry, i forgot to dig through my delta-q papers today..... The ITS throttle is totally different from 5k-0 throttle. There is no "ITS & 5k-0" throttle. 5k-0 is club car only, ITS is Ezgo TXT & Medalist only. So there is still some confusion going on.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 11:44 PM   #13
Zachary25
Not Yet Wild

Yeah, i found out the info i needed on the charger, I picked up batteries today, now im trying to figure out if my controller I have will work with my cart, the controller is a curtis 1520-5501 500amp 48 volt sepex the cart is a 08-09 star EV and I was told the throttle is ITS and that controller I have would not work is this true?
Old 03-25-2016, 02:04 AM   #14
cgtech

Yamaha

Dang , we were a star dealer for a while, and i have worked on tons of them, and i cant remember for sure. The many Star problems i have had didnt include the throttle. I think it was 0-5k, because it was the easiest to copy (chinas operating procedure). Even as a dealer, we didnt have good diag info or books, it was pretty bad (never got a "service manual"). We had to "fend for ourselves". Poor support for dealers & poor parts availability is why we dont offer them anymore (plus problems with terrible suspension & axles & brakes & electrical & ....). I'll look tomorrow if i can.
Old 03-25-2016, 03:13 AM   #15
Zachary25
Not Yet Wild

Sounds good! Im just trying to figure iut if the 1520-5501 curtis controller is capable with the Star
Old 03-25-2016, 07:32 PM   #16
Zachary25
Not Yet Wild

Okay found out the charger will not work, now im trying to figure out what throttle type the 08 star ev uses, so i can get the right charger the controller that was in the cart was a curtis 1268-5403 sepex

Heres some links of info that might help

https://www.nocoev.com/product/1268-5403.htm

https://www.nocoev.com/product/1268-5403_assemblage.htm
Old 03-25-2016, 07:45 PM   #17
cgtech

Yamaha

What does the throttle type have to do with the charger? or is this 2 different problems? Star has a interlock built into the 3 pin plug (if it had a "offboard charger" before). those wires could possibly be used to do interlock if charger supports it
Old 03-25-2016, 10:49 PM   #18
Zachary25
Not Yet Wild

The golf cart originally came with a onboard charger so i picked up a original on board. I got that part and the wiring figured out for the charger, BUT now Im being told my controller i got won't work on my star cart. Its a curtis 1520-5501 sepex BUT it says its for a IQ, so im trying to figure out what controller i can use from alltrax or madjax 500-600amp the controller that came stock on my Star is a curtis 1268-5503 400 amp
Old 03-28-2016, 12:51 PM   #19
Zachary25
Not Yet Wild

So yeah i figured out how to wire the charger snapped some pics of a guys setup lol, now im just trying to get a controller, from the looks of it my throttle is a Potentiometer 0-5K?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO