lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-07-2016, 12:57 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2006 TXT Standard Really Slow Uphill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina233 View Post
Clemsoncartguy,
Charlotte area

Scottyb- What can I expect to pay for all of that and labor for someone else to do it?
I know it will be a lot-- I am ready.
I think you can expect to be charged a minimum 1 hour shop time.
I can easily do this in 30 minutes.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-07-2016, 01:06 PM   #12
Carolina233
Not Yet Wild

One more thing--- I called a local golf cart place and was told that I would spend more money on the cart trying to speed it up than the cart is worth. Truth??? Even if it hurts...
Carolina233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 01:24 PM   #13
bbbdale
Gone Wild

Default 2006 TXT Standard Really Slow Uphill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina233 View Post
One more thing--- I called a local golf cart place and was told that I would spend more money on the cart trying to speed it up than the cart is worth. Truth??? Even if it hurts...

Truth is you have 2 options when buying a cart.

1. Buy a base cart and expect to drop $2000 or more for lift, tires, controller, motor and the smaller do dads.

2. Buy a cart already upgraded with everything above to make it run good.

From what I see out there, $4,000-$4500 should get you option 2.

So how much did you pay for your cart? If you already have $4000 in it, you may want to sell it and start over.

I paid $3300 for this and $510 for an upgraded motor to make it run right. It already had the 500amp controller, solenoid and cables. Just needed a better motor to climb hills.
bbbdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 02:30 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

What we see everyday here on BGW are posts from buyers of carts that are lifted with big tires, nice paint, nice seats and stock components for golf. This is what you get at a dealership. These dealership carts are $3500 and they need anywhere from $600 - $1600 to get them to perform as good as they look.

Yes you can easily put more money into the cart than it is worth for resale. But the question is what's it worth for you to use and enjoy? We all have hobbies we put $ into for recreation and enjoyment. The choice is personal.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 05:33 PM   #15
timmyjane
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

See ScottyB's website. All his prices are listed there. http://www.cartsunlimited.net/series-controllers.html

Labor is pretty simple so you should be able to do it yourselves. Don't expect miracles though.
timmyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 05:25 AM   #16
harleychief
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Carolina233, if you buy the upgrades from Scottyb they will come with very good directions, should be a simple enough to be a DYI project. If you're in doubt go to the carts unlimited website, http://www.cartsunlimited.net and you can read all about it and he even rates how hard the installation is.
harleychief is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slow, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO