lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2016, 07:55 PM   #1
konakid
Gone Wild

Cushman

Default ITS or Controller

First - this is a Sepex PDS - F/R switch on dash
- I get full voltage (37v) at B- and M-
- And it decreases smoothly all the way down as the cart speeds up

However, I have a tricky intermittent problem. Every couple of days (for several seconds or minutes) voltage to the motor is only 3v and B-/M- stops at 34v.

So, from what I have learned here - I have either a bad controller or ITS, and next step is to check ITS. (solenoid is new and it always clicks).

Is there an easier way to check (get a probe/clip to) the ITS other than getting inside the throttle box? I will have to have the probes/clips "semi-permanently installed" so I can catch it when it is misbehaving. Should I just cut the white wire at the controller and splice into it???

Then, what should I be looking for from the ITS when it is acting up??? What would confirm it is the ITS? Of course I hope that is what it is, and not the controller.
konakid is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2016, 11:36 PM   #2
konakid
Gone Wild

Cushman

Default Re: ITS or Controller

OK - so here is what I ended up doing. I spliced into the white wire from the ITS and connected the Positive lead from my Voltmeter. I then connected the Negative lead to B-

I turned the key on and the switch on the dash to forward and the meter reads 10.2-10.3

I then step on throttle and as I speed up it slowly drops, until at full speed it is reading 6.2-6.3

What the heck is going on? That isn't what I expected. I have no idea what it will read when it misbehaves, or how I will know if that means a bad ITS or bad controller. I guess if it reads the same, and the cart stops working - then that means the controller is bad. If it the cart stops working and it reads something different, then I guess it's the ITS.

Any feedback - Please?
Old 05-17-2016, 11:54 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

sounds like a plan to me.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 08:37 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Those are perfect readings for an Alltrax control. So I assume DCX installed
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 02:21 PM   #5
konakid
Gone Wild

Cushman

Thanks guys,

Scotty - this is an NCX controller, since this is a PDS Sepex. From what I have read, this is the proper controller. But this cart was very used, and had several owners - so anything is possible.

I guess I will wait to catch it acting up and see what the readings from the ITS indicate when it does.

Does it mean anything to you guys that the voltage to the motor (when it acted up) was only 3v, and the difference between B- and M- dropped by 3v when it was acting up. And this reading appears consistent every time it does.

So, it is either 3v to the motor, or working perfectly. Have you ever had a controller or ITS act that way??? Could a bad connection somewhere else provide such a consistent failure reading?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO