lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2016, 09:14 AM   #1
Hedger
Gone Wild

Default ezgo motor replacement

Ok, have an 05 EZGO PDS. Long story short, Ive decided that my excessive whining when driving is either in the rear end or the motor or both. I'm tired of spending money on it.
Found a wrecked (front of cart is banged up) 2000 ezgo that has an after market controller and motor. Motor is a MFR P/N 5bc49jb1149
48 volt motor from lectical motor products. I'm wanting to switch the whole motor and rear end out. Will my 05 pds controller work with this motor?
Hedger is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2016, 09:29 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ezgo motor replacement

The 2 carts have to have the same drive system. See chart attached
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ezgo TXT drive system ID.jpg (205.7 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 09:44 AM   #3
Hedger
Gone Wild

The wrecked cart has a toggle switch for forward/reverse. It is separately excited from all I've read. I know it's not a series cart.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:46 AM   #4
Hedger
Gone Wild

The only real difference I see is the wrecked cart doesn't have a run/tow switch. Everything else seems PDS.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:51 AM   #5
Unsoshl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I have dealt with electrical motor products. They build great motors. I recommend emailing EMP with your motor info and the controller info. Andrea or Chuck will get back to you with all necessary information and then some. Great customer service over at EMP.
Unsoshl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 09:51 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I googled the part number an got this: http://www.lunaindustriesinc.com/5bc49jb1149.htm

Appears to be a high-speed SepEx motor for a Yamaha G22.

Yamaha and EZGO both use 19 spline motors, so it with fit physically, but you are changing the motor and differential, so that is a moot point.

Electrically, it is a SepEx motor, so your stock PDS (Curtis 1206MX) controller might run it, but the field map is probably wrong and you cannot change the field map in a stock PDS controller.

If possible, it will probably be better to use the controller in the donor vehicle.
What is the Make/Model of the controller in the donor cart?

Best choice would be go to a XCT48400-PDS (or larger) controller and get the correct field map for the motor from Alltrax.

It is a high-speed motor, so you will be losing some torque and if you are running tires taller than 18", it will be a noticeable loss.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 10:20 AM   #7
Hedger
Gone Wild

Controller is kinda hard to tell for sure because of wear on paper tag. I do see "flight systems industrial products" and "P/N RX54-FX503". We planned on switching the controller out too but when we hooked everything up to see if all worked we couldn't even get the solenoid to click.
Old 06-29-2016, 02:37 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

503 is a sepex control
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 02:48 PM   #9
Hedger
Gone Wild

called the motor people. they told me that the controller is married to the motor and neither one will work without the other. i guess i'll switch out the rear ends and see if that will quiet the whine back there.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO