lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2016, 05:16 PM   #1
MillwrightMike
Getting Wild

Default Alltrax xct 500 programming for 2006 ezgo pds

I installed the speed controller and solenoid along with 2 gauge wire kit from Scottyb. After install I'm getting great torque but I've lost a couple mph. I've tried fooling with the program and I'm finally back to the 21mph I was getting with the stock controller. Am I wrong to assume that I could be getting at least 24 or 25mph? I think the settings might need to be adjusted differently but I'm unsure what to adjust. I disabled the speed limit like alltrax suggested but further help is needed if anyone has any suggestions.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
MillwrightMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2016, 05:59 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax xct 500 programming for 2006 ezgo pds

You un-check 'control motor speed' and you are getting 21 mph? Speed could be 1 or 2 mph more but that's not unreasonable if 36v system and stock height tires.
Each cart is a little different.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 06:49 PM   #3
MillwrightMike
Getting Wild

I've got 12x23 tires with 6" lift

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 08-04-2016, 06:53 PM   #4
MillwrightMike
Getting Wild

Ultimately I'm very happy with the upgrades. I guess I just assumed that with a bigger speed controller and upgrading the cables to 2 gauge that I would at least get a couple more miles per hour. However I'm really impressed with the torque. As far as speed is concerned I guess I'll just have to wait until I can afford to buy a new motor. Then possibly upgrade to 42 volt system as well. What motor would you recommend to get somewhere around the 25 to 28 mph range and not loose a bunch of torque? If I switch to a 42 volt system it probably wouldn't be for a couple of years because I don't want to have to go by 7 brand new batteries. So any suggestions you have base it off a 36 volt system for now with the possibilities of 42 volt down the road. Thanks again Scottyb

Old 08-04-2016, 07:56 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Add one 6v battery now You will love it. Also I question the virility of the 6/6v batteries you have now.
Like you , I think on 23's you should be going a couple of mph faster. So what is the pack voltage at a stand still and what is the pack voltage under heavy acceleration?
Old 08-04-2016, 09:19 PM   #6
MillwrightMike
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Add one 6v battery now You will love it. Also I question the virility of the 6/6v batteries you have now.
Like you , I think on 23's you should be going a couple of mph faster. So what is the pack voltage at a stand still and what is the pack voltage under heavy acceleration?
38v standstill and 34-35v full throttle

Old 08-04-2016, 09:39 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Well? I never was a fan of 36 volts.

The motor could be weak?
Old 08-04-2016, 10:14 PM   #8
MillwrightMike
Getting Wild

I guess anything is possible. I'll just run this baby until it blows or i have the money to afford a new one. For now I'll just keep playing with the programmer.
Old 08-05-2016, 06:06 AM   #9
Helirich
Gone Wild

You know buying one new battery now may shorten it's life. But it won't shorten the other six's life. So if you have relatively new batteries and plan to go 42 or 48 volt, I would just do it now.
Helirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 08:10 AM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillwrightMike View Post

I guess I just assumed that with a bigger speed controller and upgrading the cables to 2 gauge that I would at least get a couple more miles per hour.
The speed gain people get when they replace a stock 36V PDS controller with a DCX or XCT is due to the the motor's 4400RPM limit imposed by the stock PDS controller being removed, but with 23" tires your motor is only spinning at 3818RPM at 21MPH, which is about 600RPM less than the RPM limit imposed by the stock PDS controller, so installing a controller that removed that limit wouldn't have increase your cart's speed.

However, at 21MPH your cart is running a bit slower than I calculate it should, so Scotty might be right about the motor being weak, or it might be something causing excessive mechanical drag.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO