lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-29-2016, 07:23 PM   #11
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Deep cycle batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
Normal cruise in my campground covers 5 miles and 30 minutes (multiple stops for cocktails). I can get four of those in on one charge before the pack hits 50% SOC. 6-8v batteries, 48v system.
In other words 20 plus miles on Golf Cart batteries... Can Marine batteries do this?

We get 4 plus stuffed into our cart with miles of road with nary a flat spot of road except at the bottom... While it may work for some folks I don't think I would try this on trolling motor batteries....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-29-2016, 07:58 PM   #12
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Ok, not meaning to rob this thread but: I have an old mid 1980's EZ GO 3 wheel. If I were to go the cheap route and replace the six, 6 volts that won't hold a charge with three 12 volt deep cycles from Wal-Mart, would it be Ok to do this?

In other words, what can I expect?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 08:46 PM   #13
toledo20
Getting Wild

I can't voch for on a golf cart, but I've heard the walmart batteries in a boat for trolling motor dosen't last as long as others. I have one for around my shop use and had to replace it 2 months old.It wouldn't hold a charge.
Warranty woukd be the isue here of coarse.
Like these guys said, it would be the cheaper route but they won't last as long as the required batteries will.
The guys on here know what there talking about, they have plenty of years dealing with this subject.
The only reason I went 12v. Deep cycle because i aquire some ever now and then for free and there use on solo panel's.
toledo20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 09:49 PM   #14
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Thanks toledo20.
Old 11-29-2016, 09:58 PM   #15
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Ok, not meaning to rob this thread but: I have an old mid 1980's EZ GO 3 wheel. If I were to go the cheap route and replace the six, 6 volts that won't hold a charge with three 12 volt deep cycles from Wal-Mart, would it be Ok to do this?

In other words, what can I expect?
The cart will run. 36 volts is 36 volts. It will NOT have much range, and the cart charger will wear them out pretty quickly. If you have a free source and can replace them on a regular as-needed basis, go for it. Just don't try and sell it configured that way. It's not right.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 10:09 PM   #16
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Thanks GORNOMAN. I just can't justify spending the money to buy new batteries for this cart. I have others that run fine, but this thing is taking up garage/shelter space. People won't buy it with the batteries in it (runs fine for about 30 mins and dies) and I have been honest about that. Thought perhaps I would put three $75 Walmarts in it and be honest about that, but I don't think most would understand.
Old 11-29-2016, 10:37 PM   #17
toledo20
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Thanks toledo20, but I'm waiting for "Thease guy on hear."
Lol dumm typo on phone, gota correct that.
toledo20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO