lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-11-2017, 08:30 PM   #1
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Default SR-48400 less 'reactive' then the AXE?

Just put in a new SR-48400 - Thank you ScottyB!

The AXE would take off the instant ITS engaged, the SR has some 'lag time' between ITS engagement and motion.

Is this normal?
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-11-2017, 09:30 PM   #2
wildbil645
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: SR-48400 less 'reactive' then the AXE?

I put in a SR-48400 and it seems to be a little lag at first take off more so than the stock controller. It has been 2-3 months kinda gotten used to it. Now this is the first cart i have ever had so my experience is limited.
wildbil645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 12:46 PM   #3
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I got a 48500 from Scotty for the rebuild of my 01 txt and don't have any lag at all. I haven't hooked it up to the computer yet, but I believe you can dial in the settings. I think Scotty programs them for us before shipping, but is there a chance your throttle settings need to be adjusted?
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 01:28 PM   #4
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dela View Post
Just put in a new SR-48400 - Thank you ScottyB!

The AXE would take off the instant ITS engaged, the SR has some 'lag time' between ITS engagement and motion.

Is this normal?
I experienced the same issue when I switched from an AXE to an SPM Alltrax controller. Learned to live with it, can't even tell anymore. It was enough to make me change the way I left the line in drag racing situations.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 01:30 PM   #5
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

interesting - thanks for the input! Took it out today, slowly getting used to it - may hook it up to the programming to see how I can tweak it
Old 01-12-2017, 06:52 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
interesting - thanks for the input! Took it out today, slowly getting used to it - may hook it up to the programming to see how I can tweak it
I have an XCT, so I'm not 100% sure if the SR has all four of the adjustments listed below, but I am sure it has three of them.
Listed in order of hierarchy:
1. Throttle rate. This is how much delay there is between pedal movement and controller response. The higher the %, the quicker the controller's output ramps up to the pedal position.
FWIW: Mine was set to 80% when I received it and I could not touch the pedal light enough to not spin the tires on dry pavement. This was the first, or at least one of the first, XCT controllers installed in a PDS and had factory settings programmed into it. Scotty now lowers the throttle rate about 20% or so before they leave his place.

2. Throttle Linearity curve. When the throttle is linear, the duty cycle of the controller's output matches the pedal position. If the pedal is pushed halfway down, you get a 50% duty cycle. You can adjust the curve so the & output is higher then the pedal position, or lower. I have mine adjusted so 50% pedal gives me 30% output, which gives me more finite control at low speeds.

3. Throttle Torque curve. How much Torque is allowed at what throttle % at the controller.
4. Throttle Speed curve. How much speed is allowed at what throttle % at the controller.

3. & 4. are more or less equals, but interact with each other, however they are subservient to 1 and then subservient to 2.

Of course, each cart is different, so you'll have to play with the throttle stuff to find what works best for you.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:17 PM   #7
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

WOW - Great info, thanks Johnnie! Will be hooking up to computer soon

Looks like the throttle rate is exactly what I am looking for.

Any chance you use the speed function control box? I like the idea of it
Old 01-12-2017, 07:39 PM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:

Take some screen shots of of the various toolkit screens, Alltrax doesn't have any posted for a SR and the toolkit manual doesn't either, so I don't know what adjustments are available for the SR.

A high % on the throttle rate ought to get rid of the lag.

I have a 10HP motor, 42V, tiny turf tires and a size 16 foot, so I had to play with all the throttle stuff to not spin on grass, yet have enough acceleration to get across a busy street without needing a 1/4 mile separation between cars.

The remote box would be a nice addition, but my controller was built before Alltrax was putting the jack for it on the controller. I'd have to replace my controller with one that was built at a later date and has the needed jack.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 10:30 AM   #9
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

ok - so plugged in - program is very easy to use, true plug and play. Not quite sure of all available mods yet but played with throttle control and got rid of the lag. Some pics of program screen as requested by Johnnie....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0956.jpg (83.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0958.jpg (124.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0959.jpg (121.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0960.jpg (120.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0962.jpg (152.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-13-2017, 10:53 AM   #10
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:

Dela, I've got the speed control box with my 48500 and love it. I find it useful now, even with a 36v pack that's on its last legs. I'm researching batteries now for my upgrade to 48v and will be really glad I've got it when I get the additional power.

The box itself is a bit "clunky" as far as its size/shape, but I disassembled it and installed the dial right into the dash. It's the skinney knob on the left in the pic.

I haven't hooked my controller up to a computer yet, so no help there. Scotty set it up before shipping it and I like it the way he has it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (91.3 KB, 0 views)
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO