lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-15-2017, 11:27 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo PDS won't engage

I guess so. 100 amps id like having a wire instead of a fuse.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-15-2017, 11:54 PM   #12
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Call it strange or maybe not, but most txts that I see in the shop for repair usually don't have their fuse on the positive charger receptacle wire. I'm not sure if it goes bad and they either can't find another or just say the heck with it lol. But I can say I've never fixed a customers txt yet that had to be repaired because the fuse was missing
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 12:14 AM   #13
kyzarsoza
Not Yet Wild

Thank you very much for the help guys!
kyzarsoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 02:09 PM   #14
kyzarsoza
Not Yet Wild

I Replaced the 60 amp fuse with a 100 amp fuse, and all was well until I plugged up the charger again. The 100 amp fuse popped this time. I replaced the fuse again and drove the cart without charging and everything was fine. I checked my wiring today and the white wire from the charge receptacle is going to battery pack +, with the fuse connected. The black wire goes to the batter pack -. The reed switch was bypassed by the previous owner, and is connected to a pin location into the controller. I did not see any wiring damage. I decided to plug the charger in to see if it would pop the fuse again. As soon as I touched the charging port to the receptacle, it melted the positive side of the connection on the charger. The fuse did not blow this time though. Any ideas on what could be causing the issue, or what to check? Could it be the charger?
kyzarsoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 04:35 PM   #15
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would definitely check out that charger. The pins in the charging receptacle are connected to the battery and are not shorted until the charger is plugged in. Find a reference manual for it online and go thru it. Most likely the rectifier is shorted and causing this problem.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO