lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-12-2017, 03:07 PM   #1
spotco2
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default T-605 vs T-105 Trojan Batteries

I need new 6v batteries. I have a local shop that stocks T-605's but would have to order T-105's and will take a couple of weeks and cost about $20 each more.

Anyone running 605's or have any experience with them? Is it worth the extra money for the 105's?

I don't NEED them immediately, so the lead time is not a factor.
spotco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-12-2017, 03:32 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: T-605 vs T-105 Trojan Batteries

Cart performance will be about the same with either, but the 210AH T-605 will have about 9% less run-time or range on single charge than the 225AH T-105 and will need to be replaced about 7% sooner.

If the reduced run-time is acceptable, than the T-605 is likely to be the best bang for the buck on an annual basis since the $120 higher cost for a set of T-105 batteries is probably greater than a 7% increase.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 03:46 PM   #3
spotco2
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

That's about what I was thinking. Besides a few add on's like back seat, small lift and oversize tires the cart is pretty much stock and just a small neighborhood cruiser for me and a 3 year old.

What is standard run time on good batteries with a 36v EZGO? I think I remember reading somewhere it was about 15 miles or so. Is that close? It's rare that we ever run over 3-5 in a day (small neighborhood).
spotco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 04:10 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Range for a stock EZGO depends on the drive type and some other stuff.

A series drive cart and standard (225AH) 36V battery pack in good health can get up to about 18 miles on a single charge. A sepex drive can get in the low to mid 20's when regenerative braking is used.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO