lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-18-2017, 04:13 PM   #1
KaHOnas
Not Yet Wild

Default Looking for upgrades to a TXT48

I've had this cart for a few years now. It came with nice, normal size, SS wheels and a removable zippered enclosure. I've since added a rear seat for my two boys and a grab rail.

Now I'm looking at doing a little bit of a performance upgrade. We use it for dog shows and it isn't uncommon to have to drive a mile-plus to the venue from where the RVs are parked. Heck, at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, we were doing nearly three. A little extra speed certainly wouldn't be unwelcome. Right now, by GPS, I'm getting right around 15. I assume this is pretty standard.

As with any performance upgrade, other upgrades also become necessary. Suspension, brakes, etc. I'm just curious what options I have for an electric cart.

Or should I buy a gas cart and put a motorcycle engine in it?

[emoji1]

Transmitted by K-2SO via Tapatalk
KaHOnas is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-18-2017, 05:12 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Looking for upgrades to a TXT48

Xct48400 controller, 4ga cables, and solenoid upgrade. That will get you to 23ish MPH. And a nice torque boost. Everything is easily adjustable for speed, torque & acceleration to suit your needs. Can also be set up with a speed switch for "kid safe mode".
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 05:20 PM   #3
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

You can make that electric cart go faster than you probably ought to. Check out this website. http://www.cartsunlimited.net

Read up on what you can. The guy that runs it is a site sponsor of bgw and is always on here helping people. He carries the best stuff, has great prices, and the customer service is second to none.

After you read a bit, you can email him and tell him all about your cart , and exactly what you're looking for it to do. Tell him the things you mentioned above, along with:

Which drive system? Use this sticky http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...en-system.html
Exact tire size
Stock motor?
Stock controller?
Lifted?
Any other usage for the cart than above.
Terrain you typically use it on. Paved, hills, etc.

You can get some info about your cart from the ezgo website too. Get your serial number from the passenger side glove box, or the frame, and look it up.

You can spend as much as you want making that thing go farther, faster, look better, etc.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 05:24 PM   #4
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Cgtech must be a faster typer than I am!

He knows what he is talking about, so take his advice.

Good luck, and post as you go. There's lots of us here that are still learning and enjoy hearing about guys' projects.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 06:00 PM   #5
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You can get to ~20 MPH with nothing more than a software adjustment. Dealer can do it for a fee. If thats not enough then controller replacement as noted in post #2.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 06:31 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Dealer upgrade maxes out at 19. I'm getting 25 out of mine with nicer 10" wheels 20 inch tires. After the upgrades this is my favorite cart. Here > http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-upgrades.html
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 09:28 AM   #7
KaHOnas
Not Yet Wild

*rubbing hands maniacally*

Thanks for the tips everyone. I'd love to get some sort of battery gauge or something in the dash. I'm a geek for numbers and such.

Rachel had mentioned she'd like about a short suspension lift since a lot of our dog sport is held in open fields. It would be nice to have a little more mud and rough-terrain capability. The street tires I have right now are nice and all but I think we'd be better off with something a little more knobby.

Where's a good place to source suspension parts? Carts Unlimited seems to have everything I could ask for except suspension stuff.

I'll get more specs and numbers when Rachel returns from the dog show.

Transmitted by K-2SO via Tapatalk
KaHOnas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 10:18 AM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

OK, bigger off-road tires & lift kit, go ahead and bump that controller up to a Xct48500 & 2ga cables. Ezgo makes a decent shorty lift kit, but the shorty lifts dont help much for clearing large tires.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO