lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2017, 05:11 PM   #1
Total8821
Not Yet Wild

Default 1984 ezgo txt solenoid just clicking!!

I have a 1984 ezgo electric cart that i purchase about 4 years ago. Ran fine for the past two and my son was riding it around and it just died!! it sat for a year, had to change three of the 6 batteries and still nothing. I checked the resistor coils for continuity they were all fine, I had just put a new f/r switch in two years ago, so i ordered a new speed control assembly. After i installed it still nothing. Soi took the right cable off of the solenoid and went directly to the battery and it worked!! So i ordered a new f/r switch assembly, swapped that out and i tested it on jacks it went forward for about 5 seconds and then just the solenoid just started clicking rapidly!! So i took the right side red wire off the f/r switch like i did previously and direct to the battery and nothing!! Im totally stumped!! Any ideas of what i am missing? Motor turn with direct power and i Have changed i think everything. The new speed control came with a new solenoid andi tried putting in the old one and all i get is clicking when i depress the pedal?? Thanks in advance for your help.
Tim
Total8821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2017, 11:44 PM   #2
crbinson
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1984 ezgo txt solenoid just clicking!!

Dead batteries? What are the voltage readings for each and across the pack?
crbinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 03:02 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Rapid solenoid clicking is pretty much only related to battery problems.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 06:00 AM   #4
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

replaced 3 of 6 batteries....the other 3 are most likely bad also-the 3 old batteries will damage the new ones anyway,so i would just get 3 more and your problems should go away....
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 05:11 PM   #5
Total8821
Not Yet Wild

Sorry for late response. I found one of the batteries was bad. I changed it out it worked fine for about an hour now I get nothing again the Solenoid doesn't even click . Very frustrated!! Should I try to by pass the solenoid ? No clue on what to do!!
Thank you in advance!
Total8821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO