lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-21-2017, 10:14 AM   #1
Kooterbrown9157
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EZ-Go 2003 Alltrax Problem

Ok looking for some help. I have a 2003 EZ-go 36 volt electric with a 400 Alltrax dcx I purchase several years ago. I have done no upgrades to the vehicle since purchase other than new batteries. I noticed the Controller started having issues about a yr ago. The cart would not move, solenoid would click for FWD and REV but then I would get 5 red blinks after steady green light when hitting gas pedal. I called EV Drives and ordered a new controller same model and the program along with cable to reprogram. I reprogrammed the old unit and all worked great. I then sent the new unit back for return. Now a year later same problem, but when I reprogram if it will even sync which most times it will not I still get no drive action and 5 red blinks after steady green light. Any ideas or just purchase a new controller and move on. And if new controller I have seen the old model is discontinued, should I hunt down the older model or purchase the newer style and learn how to install the newer style. Thanks Brian
Kooterbrown9157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-21-2017, 10:18 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZ-Go 2003 Alltrax Problem

DO NOT get the old DCX model again That would be like searching out a flip phone for your next communication device. The XCT is 20 years newer technology and you should take advantage of that.

See 10 reasons why here > http://www.cartsunlimited.net/about-...ntrollers.html
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:22 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Since both controls have died with the same field short fault code. I would remove a battery and a wheel and make a thorough inspection of the motor wires in the location pictured below.
If the wires are ok the motor may have a short. This can be tested for with a continuity test. You should have continuity between the 2 A terminals and the 2 F terminals but no continuity between any A and any F terminal. Test with motor wires disconnected.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4938web.jpg (593.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-21-2017, 04:23 PM   #4
Kooterbrown9157
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Sorry think I may have miss spoke I never installed the new controller sine remapping appeared to fix the old one I returned the newer one for my money back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-21-2017, 04:28 PM   #5
Kooterbrown9157
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok next question then is if I purchase the newer model how hard is it for a basic install from the old version to the newer model they look nothing alike and I have never replace one before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-21-2017, 04:57 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It is a level 2 install > http://www.cartsunlimited.net/install-ratings-1-4.html
Old 07-21-2017, 09:00 PM   #7
thebone
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have the xct 400 but it is jumping on me somethings I can't get up a small hill going to and stop at 5 mph
thebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO