lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2017, 03:57 PM   #11
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2000 ezgo txt series? Upgrades

You can make a lot of things "work" but remember you are sitting on top of 6 batteries with hydrogen and lots of current. Starting to rig something can end up bad.. Chucktown is fairly flat like you said so a high speed motor would help with a new controller and bumping to 48 volts at the next battery replacement.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-07-2017, 04:48 PM   #12
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brezzy01 View Post
Yurtle my cart is a series cart. Just wondering if I found a 48volt cart components. Would they swap over to mine or could I wire it up to work?
I know you have a series. My questions were aimed at the parts you wanted to buy. I'm not aware of a 48 volt OEM series controller, though I may be wrong. You also mentioned connecting your solenoid to a used controller. I stated that series controllers don't control the solenoid, so you may be looking at a sepex controller?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 05:15 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brezzy01 View Post
Yurtle my cart is a series cart. Just wondering if I found a 48volt cart components. Would they swap over to mine or could I wire it up to work?
No not really. You would have to be a good cart tech to be able to match up the correct drive system & throttle signals from a different make cart. And when installing stock components the results even at 48v will likely be disappointing. Lets face it - these carts are generally designed for golf and 12-14 mph operation.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 06:50 PM   #14
Brezzy01
Not Yet Wild

So a wiring harness off a 48 volt ezgo with it's components would not transfer to my cart 36 volt cart. Im not grasping. I guess something I'm missing. I figured if you had the 48 volt controller and 48 stock solenoid and run it off the 36v motor. With 6 8 volts batteries would make it a 48 volt cart. Is there another electronic part im missing? I'm used to swapping motors in cars and wire them to work so I figured this would be in same concept
Brezzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 06:52 PM   #15
Brezzy01
Not Yet Wild

Is it the pedal assembly wire differently?
Old 08-07-2017, 07:05 PM   #16
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Back to basics. Do you have a series cart? Do you want to make it a sepex cart? If so, there's a LOT of work you need to do.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 08:48 PM   #17
Brezzy01
Not Yet Wild

Ok so it can't be done just by swapping. So best thing for me is to get batteries a series higher amp controller and solenoid.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:27 PM   #18
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
I know you have a series. My questions were aimed at the parts you wanted to buy. I'm not aware of a 48 volt OEM series controller, though I may be wrong. You also mentioned connecting your solenoid to a used controller. I stated that series controllers don't control the solenoid, so you may be looking at a sepex controller?
Ezgo did make 48v series carts. Usually stretch limo carts (and they used ITS throttle). But, you are unlikely to find one of those just laying around.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 07:12 AM   #19
Brezzy01
Not Yet Wild

Cgtech that's what I'm asking. So they have to make parts for those carts correct? If I bought those and added to my cart would that make my cart officially a 48 volt cart. Especially if it's cheaper to convert. If I bought off eBay or a site that carries it.
Old 08-08-2017, 07:29 AM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I think we are confused because you are generalizing. You can convert the cart from 36 to 48 quite easily if you know what you are doing. You can also easily get the wrong components for your intended use. I think that's a key question here. What are you trying to achieve. What cart? What use?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO