lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2017, 06:31 PM   #1
Double00Kevin
Not Yet Wild

Default DPI Charger and O'reillys Batteries....I'm lost???

What setting should I use for my batteries???

I get a crazy stupid discount on batteries at Oreillys auto parts so I figured I would go with these batteries in my golf cart. My old charger finally bit the dust and I just bought a DPI Accusense charger (super cheap for the Labor Day sale!!) But......I can't seem to figure out which jumper setting I would use for these batteries......if anyone at all can shed some light on the subject, that would be amazing!!! Ofcourse, talking to O'reillys about something technical about a product they sell, gets me the "deer in the headlight" stare.

So here's the link for the batteries I have, but for those that would rather not click on the link, the details of the battery are right under that.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/s...c110dt/4742472

Super Start Fleet & Heavy Duty Battery
Part # GC110DT
Unit of Measure: Each
UPC: #83996195295
Group Size (BCI): GC2
Voltage (V): 6 Volt
Terminal Type: Top Post
5 Amp Hour Rate (Ah): 174Ah
6 Amp Hour Rate (Ah): 178Ah
20 Amp Hour Rate (Ah): 230Ah
Battery Type: Deep Cycle
Reserve Capacity At 25 Amps (min): 448 Minute
Reserve Capacity At 75 Amps (min): 120 Minute
Electrolyte Composition: Acid

Detailed Description
Group Size (BCI): GC2; Voltage (V): 6 Volt; Whether you need a battery for a personnel carrier, aerial lift, electric vehicle, golf car, boat, RV, floor scrubber, road sign, or any other application that requires deep-cycle power, this is the battery of choice. The biggest innovations lie inside the battery, where we use heavier grids, plates with higher density oxide and improved glass mat envelope separators. The result? Longer life cycles and superior cycle life performance. The exterior features represent powerful thinking as well. Engineers have designed a battery that is as durable and user-friendly as possible. The heavy gauge polypropylene cases have been specially engineered to take a pounding without damaging the cells. Twist-and-release vent caps make removing caps a snap, and we've maximized convenience by designing a new lifting system.
Double00Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-11-2017, 06:34 PM   #2
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: DPI Charger and O'reillys Batteries....I'm lost???

What do you consider a great price? How much were they?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 06:50 PM   #3
Double00Kevin
Not Yet Wild

I'm a tight wad......which can be a "double edged sword". Time spent researching to save a buck can have diminishing returns lol. I live about 30 minutes from this place (see link) on the other side of the state line so he doesn't charge the 5.5% sales tax. But I get mine for roughly $50 less per battery. So far, they have worked great.......but they won't for much longer unless I can find the right setting on this DPI charger for them lol.

https://huntsville.craigslist.org/gr...256785893.html
Old 09-11-2017, 07:15 PM   #4
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

So. Am I correct in this riddle? You bought O'rielly batteries for $70 each?
Old 09-11-2017, 07:28 PM   #5
Double00Kevin
Not Yet Wild

If I remember right, somewhere in that neighborhood. So......are you familiar with them and the setting I should use by any chance?
Old 09-11-2017, 07:37 PM   #6
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

The reason I'm asking about the battery sale is twofold. You say you got a "crazy stupid" low price at a national retailer. In this forum we share information and help each other.

Last week I found a deal on batteries from a large retailer, even started a thread to share this with other members. Other members might benefit from what you found. I have no idea what your link to Craigslist showing Trojan Batteries has to do with a sale at O'reillys.

What type cart do have and tell us more about the charger.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:03 PM   #7
Double00Kevin
Not Yet Wild

Understood, but unfortunately this isn't a "sale" at O'reillys. This is a "company to company" sort of thing. As a camper motor home company, we do a ton of business with them......especially in the battery department.

The Craigslist post was more of a comparison, I actually thought that was a halfway descent deal as well......and maybe a shameless plug for another local business that anyone can purchase at that price around this area.

My cart is a '96 EZGO 36v
The charger is made by Diversified Power International (DPI)
http://www.dpipower.com/store/produc...d-charger.html

Some info from the charger manual (which is the basis for the post):
The instructions printed on the charger are for daily reference. Chargers may be
factory preset to Mode-2, but the MODE can be changed to suit different battery
types by rearranging the Jumpers found under the Cover Plate located on the
front of the charger, per the diagram found on the inside of the Mode Select
Cover Plate, accessible by removing its 2 screws. Also, this diagram is reprinted
below. Each Mode (‘color key’) is set to charge a particular Battery Type:
Mode ‘1’ or Black: Use for Flooded US Battery batteries
Mode ‘2’ or Brown: Use for Flooded Trojan batteries
Mode ‘3’ or Red: Use for Flooded Exide Batteries
Mode ‘4’ or Orange: Use for Crown / AGM Batteries
Note: Most other batteries share a charge algorithm that
is similar to one of the above – call your battery supplier
for help.

36-volt, 18-amp intelligent, microprocessor-controlled, multi-stage charge algorithm for various lead-acid battery types used in golf cart, electric and industrial vehicle applications. Weatherized construction ensures reliability. outperforms 35A-rated tapered-type chargers! Patented Selector allows user to charge most every lead-acid battery type. Pre-set for general multipurpose charging; to change the charging mode, see owner's manual.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:12 PM   #8
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

If it's preset for general charging, try that.
Old 09-11-2017, 10:45 PM   #9
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

This is a generalisation, but the Trojan mode is the safest mode if you can't figure out what they are (lower finish charge voltage & lower SG). Another generalisation, AGM batteries don't like real high finish charge voltages, and cannot tolerate a "equalization charge" (because electrolyte lost can't be replaced). I would be somewhat surprised to see any AGM mode considered for a FLA type battery by a charger manufacturer. Post a picture of your batteries, maybe we can identify it by it's construction characteristics. I am not a charger manufacturer, nor a battery manufacturer, so I could be wrong.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 11:34 PM   #10
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

I thought the same thing cg. Crown and AGM? IDK.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO