lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-13-2017, 09:46 PM   #1
VanillaXtract
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Suggestions for next upgrade

I have a 2002 TXT PDS

Here is what I have done so far:
Alltrax XCT500PDS controller
400A solenoid
2GA cables
Gabriel 81270 shocks in the back

I want to put a rear seat on. From what I have read, the Madjax is the way to go. After that, what upgrades? Dual action rear leaf springs, jake's 6" lift, motor? Please throw out your suggestions.
VanillaXtract is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2017, 11:36 AM   #2
CrazyDad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Suggestions for next upgrade

It depends on how you want to use the cart. Off-road, on-road, golf, or everything. If you add a speed motor don't forget the brakes especially with four people in the cart!
CrazyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 11:39 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Upgrade to a 42V or 48V battery pack.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 08:39 AM   #4
VanillaXtract
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Upgrade to a 42V or 48V battery pack.

Since these batteries are old, I would need to invest in all new batteries and a charger? Should I get 6 8-volt Trojans and a DPI charger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VanillaXtract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 09:18 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaXtract View Post
Since these batteries are old, I would need to invest in all new batteries and a charger? Should I get 6 8-volt Trojans and a DPI charger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Use 42v on the stock motor and 48v with any aftermarket custom motor.
(PQ bandit is not a custom motor, it is a stock motor)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 01:24 PM   #6
Dixie Chopper
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Use 42v on the stock motor and 48v with any aftermarket custom motor.

(PQ bandit is not a custom motor, it is a stock motor)

Yeah I was wondering why the bandit is so cheap.... Besides removing the regen what do they do to it?
Dixie Chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 02:06 PM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Chopper View Post
Yeah I was wondering why the bandit is so cheap.... Besides removing the regen what do they do to it?
This is pure speculation based on what I know about what makes motors tick.

They rewind the armature and/or field windings with more wire so the respective electromagnets fields they produce are more powerful. They can also rewind so the armature/field electromagnetic strength ratio produces more speed or more torque.

As for the regen braking, I'm not sure if they can actually remove it from the motor since it is a function of the controller, but they do recommend it not be used.

Basically they pack more windings in a stock case, so the heat generated by regen braking would exceed the stock heat dissipating abilities and cause the temperature rise of the motor to climb too high.
Old 10-15-2017, 04:50 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:

They rewind the armature and/or field windings with more wire so the respective electromagnets fields they produce are more powerful. They can also rewind so the armature/field electromagnetic strength ratio produces more speed or more torque.

As for the regen braking, I'm not sure if they can actually remove it from the motor since it is a function of the controller, but the do recommend it not be used.

Basically they pack more windings in a stock case, so the heat generated by regen braking would exceed the stock heat dissipating abilities and cause the temperature rise of the motor to climb too high.
Bingo - Give this man a prize
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 05:06 PM   #9
Dixie Chopper
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:

As for the regen braking, I'm not sure if they can actually remove it from the motor since it is a function of the controller, but the do recommend it not be used.

I have no choice but to believe you. I know squat about electricity or anything associated with it. Anyway, I like my regen especially with the Alltrax joystick. OK I'm done sorry for the hijack OP.....
Dixie Chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 05:30 PM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Chopper View Post
I have no choice but to believe you. I know squat about electricity or anything associated with it. Anyway, I like my regen especially with the Alltrax joystick. OK I'm done sorry for the hijack OP.....
The diameter of the motor case is pretty much cast in stone by the mounting area on the differential it mounts to, so the trick is to get a motor with a longer case. That means longer armature and field winding shoes, so more powerful electromagnets can be wound as well a greater heat dissipation.

For example, my motor is about 1.25" longer than a stock PDS motor and is wound to have roughly the same RPM as a stock, but has 30% more torque due to the longer armature and field windings.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO