lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-16-2017, 07:55 PM   #21
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Poopsie's on Bypass

Thanks, Scotty. My plan was to get the basics done for testing before hooking up accessories. I just wanted to get everything mounted prior to putting the batteries in as they severely limit the working space. Good idea about putting the reducer in the back and the bus/fuse box in a more accessible place. Is there a good/normally used/best place to mount the bus/fuse box?
fsu1tm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-18-2017, 12:27 PM   #22
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

Scotty:

I really only have one more question about hooking up wires. Everything else is straight forward. In the schematic, the side terminal of the SW202 is on the left (see 1st pic arrow) but on the actual SW202 (see 2nd pic VII) it's on the right. Does this mean I swap cables 8 & 5 (8 to IV and 5 to II) or leave them as on the diagram (8 to II and 5 to IV) even though the schematic shows the side terminal on the wrong side?

These are my last connections. Once I have these done, I'll make a list of all connections and post for your approval before installing the batteries.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Diagram.jpg (29.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20171112_143831.jpg (159.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-18-2017, 02:34 PM   #23
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

This bus bar is common to both sides, it can be seen where it goes through the center of the SW185 or 202. It is the same whether it exits on the right or left of the unit. This does not effect any other connections.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 03:18 PM   #24
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks. I just sent you an email with my final wiring. Please review for accuracy.
Old 11-18-2017, 10:10 PM   #25
d_wittenborn
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Unbolt that piece of angle and redrill it. You have too much money (and will be time) to leave it like that... Plus, Poopsie may not run correctly if the internal leveling switch is off on the controller due to it and you hit sharp turns or steep hills....

But seriously, enjoy the time, go slow, recheck and retighten every connection at least twice, and do not put power to anything until the fuses are in and everything is complete and actually ready to ride....

Good Luck!

I just installed a 400 amp controller from Scotty. Didn’t see anything about the controller being level. My is just like the pic. Should I remount level?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
d_wittenborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 08:18 AM   #26
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The Alltrax controller can mount in any position, even upside down is okay.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 01:44 PM   #27
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_wittenborn View Post
I just installed a 400 amp controller from Scotty. Didn’t see anything about the controller being level. My is just like the pic. Should I remount level?
My apologies DW, that was some humor and is whey the next sentence said "But seriously..." I was just poking at FSU for it not being as quite it should be with the angle installation.....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 04:32 PM   #28
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

She's done. At least as far as running is concerned. Got to install the voltage reducer so I can hook up the lights and fix the brake so it locks. OK maybe clean up a few wires, but she runs great. A lot faster than the old v-glide/resistor setup. I may have to rig up a different brake pedal stopper. I've adjusted all the way in but can't get teeth on the pedal arm to engage. I guess that's tomorrow's project.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20171119_161239_resized.jpg (394.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-19-2017, 08:44 PM   #29
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

That looks and sounds great!
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 09:51 AM   #30
d_wittenborn
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
My apologies DW, that was some humor and is whey the next sentence said "But seriously..." I was just poking at FSU for it not being as quite it should be with the angle installation.....

Ha....I’m not usually that gullible. Thanks for the clarification.
DW

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
d_wittenborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car