lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-30-2017, 08:20 AM   #1
oldnavycdr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Squeaky Suspension in RXV

I have this irritating squeak/groan coming from my rear suspension. I hosed all the bushings down with silicon spray but no change. I think I've isolated it to the left rear shock, perhaps an internal spring? Two questions: 1. How do you remove the rear shocks so I can check them? 2. EZGO is way too proud of their shocks. Is there an automotive version that I can substitute should I find the shock to be the culprit?
oldnavycdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-30-2017, 08:54 AM   #2
Scoots
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Squeaky Suspension in RXV

When does it squeak and groan? Is it separate when it does it? I will be searching for different shocks soon for mine to, haven’t cross referenced them yet
Scoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 08:59 AM   #3
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnavycdr View Post
I have this irritating squeak/groan coming from my rear suspension. I hosed all the bushings down with silicon spray but no change. I think I've isolated it to the left rear shock, perhaps an internal spring? Two questions: 1. How do you remove the rear shocks so I can check them? 2. EZGO is way too proud of their shocks. Is there an automotive version that I can substitute should I find the shock to be the culprit?
There are covers you can remove, around the rear roof support uprights, and in the bagwell top behind the front seat. Take the original dampeners out and take them to an auto parts store to match up with some real shock absorbers that are compatible.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 03:58 PM   #4
oldnavycdr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I thought maybe those "No Step" covers over the rear wheel wells were probably the access points but wasn't sure. Thanks, Bob! I am hopeful there is an auto part substitute for these shocks although them might be a little stiff given the difference in weight. As for the noise, it results from short travel in the suspension -- but one that engages the shocks. There are two different "squeaks" -- higher pitched on the way down, lower on the way up. Let me know what you come across Scoots. If I take the project on right away I'll post my luck with a automotive shock. I'm just surprised they would go that fast. The cart is a '13 and not run in the woods but I confess to having missed seeing a hole or two.
Old 11-30-2017, 04:43 PM   #5
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

very likely it might be the bushings in the suspension...mine was the springs themselves-some fluid film fixed that!
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 08:20 PM   #6
Scoots
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I’ll let you know if I look into it soon too, I have a 14 and I’ve taken the shocks off and wasn’t impressed. Maybe I’ll take one off soon and get it crossed cause they don’t really shock as good as I thought
Scoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 09:59 PM   #7
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

This might help.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EklK5JtFxdY

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 08:09 AM   #8
oldnavycdr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks, Rooster! I'll pull the one I think is the culprit and see.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO