lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-29-2017, 01:24 AM   #1
Paulieb273
Not Yet Wild

Default 2007 bad boy buggy

Hello everyone
I'm new here. My name is Paul and I just purchased a 2007 bad boy buggy 48 volt, 4wd, sevcon controllers. I took the cart home I just purchased it from a friend of mine who put new batteries in it (I checked all the battery's they have proper voltage) he also had the Excelerator pedal replaced under recall. I don't know much about electric golf cart but I do know enough to get me through this
My question is both the sevcon controllers are flashing 4x. So it's a code four.
Under what I have found on the internet code 4 could be
Contactor failed or stuck
Main post to battery is corroded
Test switch side of contactor
Test 24 volt small terminal coil.
Motor circuit open or brushes.
I checked the forward reverse neutral switch for continuity and it is working properly
I then checked the forward reverse contactor or selenoid The two smaller post always have 24 V running to them key on or key offf. The 2 small terminals closer to the rear wheel well has 15 volts. The middle big terminal wich come from the battery has 15 volts and the other 2 big terminals that I believe go to the controller have 23 and 25 volts weather the key is on or off. I can't figure this out and there is not a dealer near me please help me. Is this always supposed to have voltage like this even with the key off. Any help would be greatly appreciated not really sure much after that
Paulieb273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-30-2017, 03:01 PM   #2
Paulieb273
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Help please 2007 bad boy buggy

Anybody
Paulieb273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 08:48 PM   #3
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Help please 2007 bad boy buggy

BBB's are kind of their own "animal". I don't have one but every post on this forum about a BBB shows that when they "break", it's a very difficult matter to find out what broke...and even worse, how to fix it.

I can only assume that you have not received a response because any "usual" "help me fix my cart" question can be answered because the cart's (EZ-GO, Club Car, etc) systems are known and there are a million of 'em out there.

Unfortunately for the BBB's, even the dealers have been left in the dark as to repair manuals and parts.

I know this is not what you want or need, but on occasion a few BBB posters who have had issues will come around to help you. It just may take some time.

FWIW
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO