lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2018, 09:48 PM   #1
StarBreaker
Not Yet Wild

Default 2014 Club Precedent dash light

My new to me 2014 Club Car Precedent works great but do seem to have on little problem.
When I plug in my charger into the cart I get the "BEEP" to let you know it is working but the amber light on the dash does not flash as I understand it should via the owners manual I found online.

-Is this correct the light should flash?

- Before I remove the dash does anyone have a photo of the wiring to that light? I can see through the hole for the steering column a blue wire with a spade connector that is just hanging loose. Any idea what that may be from?
StarBreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-20-2018, 09:58 PM   #2
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2014 Club Precedent dash light

No the dash light should NOT flash. I think you may be misunderstanding the manual. The light itself is a warning light as well as a transmitter for Curtis programmers that can relay charge data.
There are two wires running to that light.
There are also a red and black wire with 48v respectively not connected.

Don’t open the dash unless you are having an issue.

If the ERIC charger is kicking on and the LED lights flashing on the charger, than let it charge and enjoy.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:10 PM   #3
StarBreaker
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htownblue View Post
No the dash light should NOT flash. I think you may be misunderstanding the manual. The light itself is a warning light as well as a transmitter for Curtis programmers that can relay charge data.
There are two wires running to that light.
There are also a red and black wire with 48v respectively not connected.

Don’t open the dash unless you are having an issue.

If the ERIC charger is kicking on and the LED lights flashing on the charger, than let it charge and enjoy.

Excel System vehicles with the ERIC Charging system feature a dash mounted charge indicator light
below the steering column
that serves two functions: 1) Battery low state of charge warning, and 2)
Charging confirmation.
Battery Low State of Charge Warning
 The light comes on and remains solid when the battery state of charge falls below 20%.
 The light begins flashing when the battery state of charge falls below 10%.
Charging Confirmation
 The light will flash three times and the reverse buzzer simultaneously will sound three times to
indicate a battery charging session has begun.

What is an "Excel System" and how to tell if I have one or not?

The cart and charger works as it should. Just kinda concerned the light does not work at all to let me know a low state of charge.
StarBreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 05:38 AM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

All new carts are Excel, they no longer make the IQ carts.

Those are just names Club Car used to describe their different Sepex systems.

While the "3 beeps" is the Club Car default configuration, You can easily change the "Beep" parameter to not beep to acknowledge when the charger is plugged.

As long as the reverse buzzer sounds when You put the cart in Reverse, the buzzer is connected and someone changed the "Beep" parameter to "0".

The blue wire You see is probably one of the 4 wires for the optional brake relay (2 wires with 1/4" quick connectors and 2 wires with 3/16" quick connectors).

Edit:

Ok, so after another cup of coffee I realize the buzzer is working but the light is not.

As far as I know those options are both controlled by the same "Beep" parameter so if the buzzer makes sound the light should blink as well.

The light has 2 wires and the Yellow/Green wire is the one the controller uses to activate the light.

Last edited by Sergio; 06-21-2018 at 05:54 AM.. Reason: More Information
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car