lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-11-2013, 12:31 AM   #11
fire4034
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1991 EZGO Marathon Rebuild

Well guys I have not had a lot of time to work on the cart the last several weeks, but I have started back on my tear down tonight. I need some help on this one...

How in the heck do I get this brake pedal off! I have everything removed underneath besides this bolt that holds the return spring on the brake pedal. I have the nut off one side of the bolt, but it will not come out. I assume it is because there is still some tension on the spring? I have one end of the spring off where it sits on the tab that is welded to the frame, but still can't get it. I guess it could be a matter of hitting the bolt harder from the other side.

But didn't want to start with a bigger hammer yet...I don't want to scratch this thing!

Thanks for the help...

Frank
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0361.jpg (124.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0362.jpg (155.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0363.jpg (114.9 KB, 0 views)
fire4034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-11-2013, 02:06 AM   #12
racin161
Gone Wild

A lot of PB Blaster and let it soak over night then another shot and try to remove the bolt. if not the big hammer comes in to play and just clean everything up and replace the bolt with a new one well lubed with grease.
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:42 AM   #13
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I don't know if your model is covered, but hopefully the brake pedal is the same.

Owner's, Parts, and Service Manuals:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...g-manuals.html

Gettin' it off is only half the battle. Even if you trash the bolt, it can be replaced. You still need to figure out how to reinsert the bolt with the spring compressed.

I've never done it, or I'd tell you how.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:55 PM   #14
fire4034
Not Yet Wild

Ok so I need help getting a few last parts of to get to the frame!

1. Rear spring mount bushing how do I remove, and should I preserve it or will it be easily replaced when I purchase new rear springs?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357962828.568837.jpg

2. The front steering "thing" in pic below... How do I get it out?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357962811.457010.jpg

3. The pan sections and the dash base in the pics below seem to be screwed with sheet metal screws. But after I get them out how do I break the tack welds that seem to be holding pan in?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357962917.369552.jpg

Thanks, Frank
Old 01-11-2013, 11:00 PM   #15
fire4034
Not Yet Wild

Ok this stupid rubber stop on brake pedal base too! Doesn't look like a nut on back? Should I preserve or replace and if so how does it come off! Lol
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357963193.536251.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357963214.736167.jpg

Thanks again, Frank
Old 01-11-2013, 11:48 PM   #16
Bmatlock00
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

It is a rivet, drill it out, but make sure the drill bit isn't bigger than the hole that it is in. To replace you will need rivets and a pop rivet gun, available at any hardware store.
Bmatlock00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:28 AM   #17
fire4034
Not Yet Wild

Still need help on this one guys... thanks

1. Rear spring mount bushing how do I remove, and should I preserve it or will it be easily replaced when I purchase new rear springs?

3. The pan sections and the dash base in the pics below seem to be screwed with sheet metal screws. But after I get them out how do I break the tack welds that seem to be holding pan in?

Thanks, Frank
Old 01-21-2013, 10:12 AM   #18
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire4034 View Post
Still need help on this one guys... thanks

Put a #2 phillips screwdriver into the hole and work it. It will come out. If the rubber comes out as one piece you will be able to reuse it. Some WD40 may help loosen it.

That is the steering pivot shaft. Pound it out. My cart had previously been in a collision where the top of the shafts mount was bent. It took some effort to get it out. I don't like the way it is installed but it is what it is. If I remember correctly the dang thing seemed to be installed upside down to my liking.

Drill the welds. Don't go to deep. If you have a dremel with a carbide bit you can grind the welds with little collateral damage. Just don't go deep into the frame.

Thanks, Frank
Hope that helps
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:30 PM   #19
fire4034
Not Yet Wild

Ok, I have everything off the frame... Finally. Looking for some opinion before I get started replacing parts.

What would you guys do with this frame? Basically what is best order to do things?

I need to replace battery trays and some support parts on frame. So do I buy batteries first so I know dimensions? I am looking to upgrade to 48v with extra batteries in bag well.

I was going to powder coat frame, but am leaning toward saving money and just painting to cover with black rustoleum? Thoughts?

Also any ideas anyone has looking at pics I would appreciate any tips I can get.

Also does pan appear salvageable in pics below or do I look for new floor piece?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358900792.067933.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358900851.033753.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358900873.733273.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358900904.817200.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1358900921.532998.jpg

Also I am concerned that when I redo the battery tray I will not get this box that holds speed control exact as my battery tray is so corroded I can't tell where it goes exactly? Thoughts?
Old 01-22-2013, 08:40 PM   #20
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

If you use Rust-Oleum,Use the Red-Oxide Rusty-Metal Primer.It helps prevent further corrosion.I use the Rust-Oleum Professional series Spray-Paint(Large Silver cans)It runs under $6/can and goes a long way too.Its' very,very durable,and one coat over a smooth primer-coat will look like powder-coat,and be very tough once it cures(its' dry to the touch in as little as 1/2hr,useable in 3-4hrs.in any temp!!).The Gloss-Black has a satin-type sheen like OEM stuff,Flat is very Industrial looking,but not a Dull,Boring appearance like most Flat-Paints.Everyone That has tried it loves it,You can get it anywhere you buy Rust-Oleum(Lowes,Home-Depot,Grainger,etc...).The pan looks Ok from here,if its' solid,prime and paint it.You could also Herculiner it,you can buy it by the quart.(don't use cheap stuff like they sell in auto-parts stores).Buy your batteries,figure out placement,then build the tray to fit.Nice project so far,Enjoy it.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO