lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2016, 12:13 PM   #1
RaptorRed
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 05 TXT -PDS - no faults, but no motor operation

FIrst off I'm a cart newbie so forgive possible terminology gaffes, and the length of the post....

I'm trying to repair an 05 TXT for the horse rescue I volunteer for, and need some suggestions.

So far have replaced:
Key switch (had no contact on primary circuit)
Charge receptacle (physically broken from frame, did bypass for reed switch)
Charger circuit board (PowerWise for the cart)
All battery cables

So far have tested:
Solenoid good
PDS test indicates no faults
Batteries at 36+ volts and hydrometer shows all good

With cart on jack stands motor operated for about 30 seconds at one point, fairly slow, and slowed to a stop. Pulled the motor cables and ran successful test on motor. Battery gauge indicates full charge and solenoid does engage with slight pedal pressure.

Suggestions on where to go next.

Thanks in advance !!
RaptorRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 12:17 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 05 TXT -PDS - no faults, but no motor operation

Welcome to BGW Red
It sounds like you have verified it worked but it ran out of power - even off the ground.

Charge up the battery pack, let the pack sit idle ans settle for 12 hours, what is the pack voltage then?
Now attach the meter to the pack and drive or try to... what does the battery pack voltage drop to when you try to drive?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 06:53 PM   #3
RaptorRed
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 05 TXT -PDS - no faults, but no motor operation

Thanks for the welcome and quick reply....

Turns out that it was an issue with the motor. I had tested with 12v and it had run slowly so I assumed (always a bad thing) that it ran slow due to voltage.
I went ahead and retested using 12, 18 and 36v from the pack and it still ran very slowly.

Finally sat back and thought about it and decided to go old school. Smacked the motor a couple of times with a hammer and what do you know, picked up a lot of speed and appeared to be running well. Reconnected everything and cart is operating normally now.

As it turns out, the cart had sat for several years and it appears that there may have been some internal corrosion in the motor and the hammer did the trick.
RaptorRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO