lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2019, 11:00 PM   #1
Furley11
Not Yet Wild

Default Troubleshooting Help Needed-2009 RXV

2009 EZGO RXV 48V (4x12) Electric

I just bought this cart from a cart dealer a few weeks ago. I have only driven it around the neighborhood a few times. In fact, the power gauge has not dipped below 95+ %. The batteries are brand new Trojans. A few days ago, I took it for a spin with only two of us and could smell a faint electrical burning smell. There was no smoke, and I couldn’t tell where the smell was originating. Today, I tried to take it out again with just two small kids and experienced the same smell. Again, no smoke, and I couldn’t place the smell. I ran my infra-thermo over the parts and there was nothing terribly hot. The motor was around 100F, but that was it.

I let it sit a while and then tried to pull it into the garage. When I tried to put in in “F”, it did a quick slight thrust in reverse, then the back up alarm beeped repeatedly in short tones. It wouldn’t go, only beep no matter if I was in “R”, “N”, or “F”. I flipped the tow switch back and forth. I turned the ignition switch off and on. It still did the same thing. I finally put it in “tow” and pushed it into the garage. I plugged in the charger to see if it would maybe reset the controller or something, but to no avail.

I rebuilt a 2001 model years ago, so I know my way around these things. But, this newer technology has me more reluctant to just start pulling covers and trying to test amperage and voltage.

Any ideas?
Furley11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beeping alarm, ezgo, rxv, wont go
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO