lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2016, 10:47 AM   #21
Helirich
Gone Wild

Default Re: 36 volt motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Help me understand your confusing advice? LOL Okay
Scotty, do you speed read these threads? I know your a smart guy, but sometimes you don't seem to comprehend what's being said. After reading your post, I went back and read every post. Nobody asked for advise. Nobody gave advise. This is a forum. Sometimes there's just discussion.
Helirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2016, 11:47 AM   #22
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
Then why are they there?
The resistor coils are placed in series with the motor windings, which increases the the total resistance in the loop from battery B- to B+, reducing the number of amps flowing in the series loop in accordance with Ohm's Law.

The net result is twofold.
1. Few amps flowing through motor equals less torque.
2. The voltage drop across the resistor coils means less battery voltage applied to motor, which in turn means fewer RPM.

The resistor coils get hot is due to the fact they have voltage being dropped across them and amps flowing through them. The energy they convert to heat is less than than the power reduction of the motor since fewer amps are being drawn from the battery when they are in the circuit.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 02:18 PM   #23
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdunmyer View Post
mutant said:

This is a common misconception: Yes, the resistors waste some power, and yes, it's most efficient at WOT, but the current draw is much less at lower accelerator settings, the resistor bank doesn't just 'burn off' excess power to make the cart run more slowly. Also, I'd bet that you'll get more miles at a lower accelerator setting than at WOT, but you'll get even more miles from a controller cart at that lower setting.

As the SIG says: "this is Ohm's law, there will be a quiz".
lol i am full of misconceptions!!! that is why i am here reading all the time and i sure love the discussions that ensue.....i have already learned more than i would have by myself.......

thanks to everyone for their continued input
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO