lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2017, 06:24 PM   #1
Kruppiak
Not Yet Wild

Default 08 Precedent 48v constant reverse buzzer

Hey all,

I have an 08 Precedent 48v 4 battery cart that constantly sounds the reverse buzzer. It has brand new batteries a complete brand new wire harness and a freshly rebuilt bandit PQ motor and before all of this it was programmed with speed code 5. Everything works, it just buzzes all the time key on or off it even has a slight buzz in tow in forward or reverse. Ive checked the FNR switch and its fine, pull all the wires and it still buzzes. Sometimes with the key off it will become less loud or sometimes it will change pitch from neutral to reverse but its always loud when the keys on in all three drive positions.

Last thing, i tried plugging in the speed code 5 controller and it will not light up or do anything now. This cart has been a massive headache and I GREATLY appreciate any help!
Kruppiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2017, 05:39 PM   #2
Kruppiak
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 08 Precedent 48v constant reverse buzzer

Well I think I'm going to replace the speed controller and hope for the best for the next step does anyone have any advice on which speed controller goes good with the bandit. I'm thinking I might go with the navitas controller with adjust on the fly.
Old 04-10-2017, 06:14 PM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Alltrax XCT300 IQ if you don't wanna upgrade cables. If you wanna upgrade the cables and the solenoid you can go with the 400 amp version of the XCT. The 500 amp version is also available, but I wouldn't advise it unless your Bandit is based on an ADC/AMD motor.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 06:52 PM   #4
Kruppiak
Not Yet Wild

I know almost nothing about these carts but I think it's an AMD motor, the part number on it was ej4-4001. I have 4gauge wires and a high amp solenoid currently and originally I was planning on the 400 amp alltrax controller but the navitas controller with adjust on the fly has caught my eye recently since my cart will spend half of its life on the course yet and the course I'm a member of couldn't be more hilly. I was hoping to get some info on the navitas, if its a good unit or not.
Old 04-10-2017, 07:18 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Yes it's an AMD motor. I prefer the Alltrax over the Navitas. The Alltrax also has the Adjust on the fly capabilities as the Navitas. You just have to order the control knob unit.
Old 04-10-2017, 07:21 PM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

I don't disagree with DPI. I don't disagree with Club Car, however I can bet that neither one of these companies have tested these Crown CR-195 batteries with multiple charge cycles over 4-5 years. If it works for you, keep doing it. It's fine.
Old 04-15-2017, 12:51 PM   #7
Kruppiak
Not Yet Wild

Well I've replaced the speed controller and the problem continued. I then found a wiring diagram online and the orange and green wires on my brand new harness were swapped in the speed controller connecter. I switched them and no more buzzer issues!

But now the cart will not go forward or reverse and the solenoid never engages. Can someone please help me I'm about ready to roll this thing into the pasture and walk away!
Old 04-16-2017, 10:22 PM   #8
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

What's the serial number for your cart, and what controller did you purchase?
Old 04-17-2017, 12:14 PM   #9
Kruppiak
Not Yet Wild

I bought an xct and the serial number is PQ0807-876781
Old 04-22-2017, 07:40 AM   #10
Kruppiak
Not Yet Wild

Ok after a lot of headache and tracing wires in the old harness that I thought would trigger the harness I found the the mcor worked except a switch in it that went bad. So now everything works and the cart is amazingly more torquey but I have one more concern!

I plugged in the charger and left. When I came back a few hours later the charger was still running and the meter on the dash said 55 volts and each battery was at 13. Something volts, I had few to many celebratory drinks to remember. Is this normal? If not where do I start?

Tags
buzzer, precedent
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car