lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-03-2017, 07:36 AM   #1
captrcurtis
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2003 club car ds 48 volt upgrades

I'm looking for some advice I am getting ready to upgrade my 2003 Club Car DS 48 volt series cart. I am want to lift it, add 12" wheels and tires and upgrade the controller. What are your thoughts on A arm vs spindle lifts and a controller that I don't have to take a loan out for. I have already put 2 ga cables and a heavy duty FNR switch. Thanks in advance for your feedback
captrcurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-03-2017, 11:55 AM   #2
wthompson912
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2003 club car ds 48 volt upgrades

The Jakes 6" A-Arm lift works very well on my cart with 23-10-12 tires (same year as yours, also series motor & controller). Sent stock controller to FSIP and they upgraded to 400 amps. Changed all cables to 2GA, added thicker jumper bar on F&R switch. Very happy with results and didn't break the bank!
wthompson912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 12:04 PM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Yep, as written above and also a look at AllSports A-arm lifts and a Alltrax SR controller.

Available at the best prices from 2 of our site sponsors scottyb (Carts Unlimited) and TahoeDawgZ71 (Revolution Golf Cars). They will program them and help you through the process.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 04:50 PM   #4
captrcurtis
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks!
captrcurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 05:29 AM   #5
passthru
Gone Wild

Club Car

I had a Jake's A arm kit on mine and it rode too rough to enjoy on our rocky lease. I bought a 6" All sports long travel from Dave for another build but ended up swapping it out on my hunting cart. Much nicer.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
passthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 09:21 AM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrcurtis View Post
I'm looking for some advice I am getting ready to upgrade my 2003 Club Car DS 48 volt series cart. I am want to lift it, add 12" wheels and tires and upgrade the controller. What are your thoughts on A arm vs spindle lifts and a controller that I don't have to take a loan out for. I have already put 2 ga cables and a heavy duty FNR switch. Thanks in advance for your feedback
A 2003 DS Series cart is going to have the thin GE motor. You can upgrade the controller and attempt to use the factory motor, but it's not going to last long. The GE motors have small brushes and aren't built to take the abuse from a high amp controller. Since you already have the cables and the F&R switch, I recommend the Alltrax SR-48500 controller and the MOT-A1 motor, along with the MZJ400 heavy duty solenoid. That would get you what you're looking for.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car