lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-30-2018, 05:57 PM   #11
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Torque i need torque!!!2001 DS

This may be a dumb question but I'll ask anyway. I'm wondering if you are confusing torque and traction when starting off road on a hill. The reason i ask is that you need the same amount of torque whether you are starting uphill in dirt or pavement. But you need more traction starting uphill off road.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-30-2018, 06:34 PM   #12
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

You need more amps,bigger controller, like 500 amp to wake that motor up.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 02:59 PM   #13
Rottdog
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
You need more amps,bigger controller, like 500 amp to wake that motor up.
That's what i'm thinking just need Scottyb or Tahoedawgz71 point me in the right direction. Both of them are super knowledgeable about these carts. Scottyb I went to your page and saw a bunch of different options for controllers, solenoids etc. hopefully one of those set ups will work for me.
Rottdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 07:02 PM   #14
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rottdog View Post
That's what i'm thinking just need Scottyb or Tahoedawgz71 point me in the right direction. Both of them are super knowledgeable about these carts. Scottyb I went to your page and saw a bunch of different options for controllers, solenoids etc. hopefully one of those set ups will work for me.
It's a high speed motor. The tag on the motor says 4750 RPM on 48 volts. Using the speed calculator on the BGW website, with 12.3:1 gears (factory) and 22" tires you should be running 25 MPH. This is pretty much dead on the money as to what you're describing here. Because it's a high speed motor, you're losing torque. In order to get your torque that you want, you're gonna need a bigger controller. On a series car such as yours you're going to need an Alltrax SR-500 amp controller, a 2 gauge cable set, a 400 amp solenoid (with pre-charge resistor and coil suppression diode), and a heavy duty F&R switch. This package will be a dependable upgrade that will deliver tons of power to that motor and will really wake the cart up.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 08:53 PM   #15
Rottdog
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
It's a high speed motor. The tag on the motor says 4750 RPM on 48 volts. Using the speed calculator on the BGW website, with 12.3:1 gears (factory) and 22" tires you should be running 25 MPH. This is pretty much dead on the money as to what you're describing here. Because it's a high speed motor, you're losing torque. In order to get your torque that you want, you're gonna need a bigger controller. On a series car such as yours you're going to need an Alltrax SR-500 amp controller, a 2 gauge cable set, a 400 amp solenoid (with pre-charge resistor and coil suppression diode), and a heavy duty F&R switch. This package will be a dependable upgrade that will deliver tons of power to that motor and will really wake the cart up.
Thank you for the info. This has been a learning process and this site has been awsome! Do you sell these parts? If so please message me, if not I saw that Scotty does and I will order from him. Either way I would like to support members that offer up so much help to us newbies.
Rottdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 09:11 PM   #16
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rottdog View Post
Thank you for the info. This has been a learning process and this site has been awsome! Do you sell these parts? If so please message me, if not I saw that Scotty does and I will order from him. Either way I would like to support members that offer up so much help to us newbies.
Indeed I do. They can all be added to the cart from the Upgrade center at the bottom of our web store.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car