lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-30-2018, 06:00 PM   #1
randall Pallesen
Not Yet Wild

Default JE1430 2014 Precedent

I have a 2014 Precedent with a defective motor controller.
PN 1515-5206

Last October I purchased a replacement controller from Buggies PN 1515S-5301 and it does not work properly. The cart moves but if the accelerator is pressed past 75% the cart stops. This is the same in forward or reverse.

I purchased a Curtis programmer and there were no programmable options that would help. The cart keeps throwing accelerator errors. I borrowed a working original controller from another working cart and my cart works perfect. So I know there is nothing wrong with cart except for the controller. I even took the Buggies replacement controller #1515S-5301 and put into another exact make and model year cart and that cart did not work on the #15615S-5301 either. Exact same problem!

I have sent the controller back to Buggies and they can't find anything wrong with it. Tested it on a cart "probably not my model" and said nothing wrong.

I have been round and round on the phone at least a dozen times. Spent hours on hold and I get different suggestions via tech support. The latest one was to pierce the purple wire and take it to ground which did not work.

Does anyone have a suggestion? I can't bare the thought of calling support and sitting on hold again and getting another person who does not know what I am talking about.
randall Pallesen is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-30-2018, 06:54 PM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: JE1430 2014 Precedent

You bought the wrong Controller for that cart.

The best option is to return the Controller and buy an Alltrax XCT Controller from one of our site sponsors, it will be cheaper and give You better performance.

If You want to make that Excel Controller work on your ERIC cart, You will need to add a 453Ω resistor to each of the three throttle wires near the MCOR.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 10:56 PM   #3
randall Pallesen
Not Yet Wild

So frustrating. When I called asking for controllers the salesman told me which one to get. Then I spent literally 10-20 calls into support asking for help!

This has been going on since October 2017!
They even had me send it in for testing! O)MG!
Old 05-01-2018, 12:35 AM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Sergio is correct. The controller you bought is grey in color. Club Car IQ and Excel controllers are different colors to help you identify the correct replacement controller. Black is IQ, Grey is Excel, and White is ERIC/Excel. The way the car behaves is the same when comparing the Excel and the ERIC/Excel controllers. The difference in addition to what Sergio mentioned is that the ERIC/Excel controller has built in charge history monitoring and more detailed information about the vehicle when you plug in a handheld scanner to the cart. This is a great help for dealers, but for an individual owner such as yourself it's not a big deal at all. The grey Excel controller doesn't have all of these features because at the time of production, the Club Cars used an On-Board computer to store all of this data. Your cart does not have an on-board computer. It has the ERIC high efficiency charger. The bad part is, the Excel and ERIC/Excel controllers are not interchangeable, as you well know. The good part is, if you wish to use the grey controller you purchased, all you need to do is buy an Excel wire harness and install it in your cart. It's a pretty simple installation and everything is plug and play. This will save you a huge headache if you're unable to get any assistance in returning or swapping out your controller. Even though the Excel controller doesn't have charge data logging built in, your ERIC charger will still work the same as it always has. It's not dependent on the controller for operation, the controller just logs data. The charger is independent and will work just fine without an ERIC/Excel controller in the system.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 06:36 AM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by randall Pallesen View Post
So frustrating. When I called asking for controllers the salesman told me which one to get. Then I spent literally 10-20 calls into support asking for help!

This has been going on since October 2017!
They even had me send it in for testing! O)MG!
Did You miss the same answer last Year?
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1453492
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:04 AM   #6
randall Pallesen
Not Yet Wild

honestly I quit following that thread. I gave up on supports help and got bock on this board.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car