lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-01-2018, 11:46 AM   #1
av8erdunn
Not Yet Wild

Default 2013 RXV w/ Delta-Q Quiq Charger issues

So I have a 2013 RXV with a Delta-Q Quiq Charger that has started giving me problem and will not charge. I downloaded the manual for the charger and to verify what the fault code was saying. When I plug the charger into the wall outlet the fault indicator flashes two time repeatedly indicating battery low voltage which would make sense because the charger isnt plugged into the cart. Once I plug it into the cart, it automatically switched to a one flash sequence which is supposed to indicate a battery high voltage and it will not charge. I replaced the cart receptacle about this time last year due to it not charging and am wondering if its went out again. I know the little green charge light on the receptacle doesnt ever even light up when I plug in the charger to the cart.

My batteries voltage are as follows 11.9, 11.9, 11.8, 11.9 total 47.5.

Thanks in advance
av8erdunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-01-2018, 11:58 AM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2013 RXV w/ Delta-Q Quiq Charger issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8erdunn View Post
So I have a 2013 RXV with a Delta-Q Quiq Charger that has started giving me problem and will not charge. I downloaded the manual for the charger and to verify what the fault code was saying. When I plug the charger into the wall outlet the fault indicator flashes two time repeatedly indicating battery low voltage which would make sense because the charger isnt plugged into the cart. Once I plug it into the cart, it automatically switched to a one flash sequence which is supposed to indicate a battery high voltage and it will not charge. I replaced the cart receptacle about this time last year due to it not charging and am wondering if its went out again. I know the little green charge light on the receptacle doesnt ever even light up when I plug in the charger to the cart.

My batteries voltage are as follows 11.9, 11.9, 11.8, 11.9 total 47.5.

Thanks in advance
YIKES! 12 volts is dead. Borrow a 12 volt charger if need be, but get them things a chargin'!
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 12:24 PM   #3
av8erdunn
Not Yet Wild

I dont know anyone with an ezgo charger so I may have to charger them individually. Should I disconnect all of the battery leads before charging them individually?
That being said, I would assume the charger should still be able to charge them if something wasnt going on.
Old 10-01-2018, 12:43 PM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

No need to remove any cables. I said use a 12 volt charger, as most everyone knows someone, who they could borrow a car charger from.
Old 10-01-2018, 01:03 PM   #5
av8erdunn
Not Yet Wild

Yeah, I have a few of them. I will get them charging this afternoon.
Any idea why it wouldnt be taking a charge?
Old 10-01-2018, 01:10 PM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Others will chime in on make and model, but I know there are a number of solid state chargers that have poor track records as far as reliability. Possibly yours is one.
Old 10-01-2018, 03:56 PM   #7
jkredman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

There is a cable from the connector for the Delta-Q charger to the positive terminal on the first battery in the pack. It’s a grey wire that ends in a black plastic box with a ring on it that is clamped down with the other wires on the battery terminal.

It’s actually a temperature sensor.

If that is damaged, or disconnected, the charger doesn’t have everything it wants to determine what state the batteries are in. So it stops charging too soon.

Don’t know if that’s your problem, but it’s an easy thing to visually check.

Also it works best if it’s the first item clamped to the terminal, closest to the actual battery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
jkredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 05:08 PM   #8
av8erdunn
Not Yet Wild

Yeah, it appears fine. It less than a year old as is the entire charge port on the cart. The charger will not even attempt to charge the cart. It never clicks on or anything. Only goes strait to the two faults mentioned above.
Old 10-01-2018, 05:30 PM   #9
av8erdunn
Not Yet Wild

I just put 4 2 amp maintainers on it to bring the charge back up. I would hate to lose the batteries by leaving them discharged.
Old 10-02-2018, 05:59 AM   #10
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

Take a multimeter and check the gray wire for continuity from the back of the charge receptacle to the battery. If it's not close to zero ohms there, then that's why the charger wont turn on.
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO