lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2019, 03:03 PM   #1
westfloridabatt
Not Yet Wild

Default 2010 1264-5407 shuttle 6 precharge fault

I am working on a 2010 ezgo shuttle 6. Not sure on when the problem came up or what took out what else but the brushes in the motor were cracked and seized in the holders. The controller kept giving a 3-3 precharge fault. Sent the controller to flight systems for a rebuild. Rebuilt the motor with new brushes and got the armature turned. There is .4-.8 ohms across the armature now with the motor on the bench, no voltage bleed to the frame, nothing else hooked up to draw power on the controller, and everything checking good. I'm still getting the precharge fault. With the Curtis handheld plugged in, i noticed that if the cart sits more than 5 minutes then the battery voltage spikes to 65-70 volts when the key is turned. The voltage then slowly drops down to 51 (pack voltage). I have checked every wire in the j1 connector as well as the b+ and b- at the controller but all read pack voltage and not the spiked voltage. Had anyone out here had a similar issue or know a direction to look?

TLDR, 1264-5407 controller rebuilt, rebuilt motor, new solenoid. Sits more than 5 minutes and the controller sees 65-70 volts when turned on and direction selected. No voltage bleeding to the frame, resistance on motor is correct, and no wires in j1 connector see the spiked voltage
westfloridabatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Tags
1264-5407, pds 2, pds ii
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO