lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2021, 05:23 AM   #1
a_machinist
Not Yet Wild

Default BMS and Alltrax settings for leafs?

So my 14 modual leaf pack is finally in my Precedent and everything is wired and seems too be working as it should.

I know I've seen a post here about the settings for a Chinese BMS. Maybe it was a screenshot? I've searched and searched but I guess I'm using the wrong words. Would someone care to share that with me?

Also should I just contact Alltrax for optimal settings for my 300?
a_machinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2021, 06:24 AM   #2
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: BMS and Alltrax settings for leafs?

My 14 cell Leaf pack BMS settings are as follows:

Max Pack charge = 57.0V (Note, this is 4.071V per cell)

Max V per cell = 4.15 This will engage the HV relay and cut charging to the pack should any given cell exceed 4.15V. The max charge of a Leaf cell is 4.2V per cell. Anything over 4.2V per cell will damage the cell.

Minimum V per cell = 3.14V Anything less will damage the cell!! 3.14V per cell = a pack V of 44V. BUT...when my pack Voltage gets to 50.0 it's time to STOP use and charge it. At 50.0V the pack (and each cell) is now at "The Knee" and will discharge to the minimum very rapidly. Also, as Sergio pointed out in my build thread, any cell that drops below 3.0V will have a very high risk of damage.

Max and Min settings are crucial to having a long pack life, and preventing damage and thermal runaway of the pack. I don't think that can be emphasize enough nor overstated.

I hope this helps.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 01:55 PM   #3
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

I also set my Max Battery Amps and Max Motor Amps to 300A. That's enough for any hill that I got, and I've got some big ones.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 01:58 PM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I agree that 300 amps is a good max for most applications. It's still good IMO to buy the higher amp controller. I like having the cooling fan that comes on the Alltrax 500 amp controller. I play golf in hot weather and that fan kicks on often when I am driving in 100 degree temps.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car