lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2019, 11:36 AM   #1
blkbnzoo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2013 club car president no power

2013 club car president stopped running. Towed it back home. Looking for ideas of what could be the problem. No clicking noise when I turn the key. When I put the charger on it’s like normal & charging. Batteries are all at least 8.5 volts. Any ideas would be appreciated. I was told by my neighbor it’s either the obc, or solenoid. I thought if it’s charging it wasn’t the obc, but what do I know. Thanks for any help in advance.
blkbnzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-21-2019, 11:45 AM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2013 club car president no power

It probably blew the 15 amp fuse in the main harness.

The 15 amp ATO blade fuse is located in a inline fuse holder at the bottom of the harness and it is accessible if you pop the plastic cover on the back of the cart where the electronics are located.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 12:53 PM   #3
blkbnzoo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The fuse is good. Also it was towed back in the toe position.
Old 10-21-2019, 01:07 PM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If the reverse buzzer is making a sound when the FNR is in reverse, the next likely possibility is the Solenoid.

Not the easiest part to test in place in your model cart but if You can clip alligator leads on the solenoid wires you can test if the controller is trying to activate it.
Old 10-21-2019, 01:42 PM   #5
blkbnzoo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I tried filling a link with instructions on how to test for bad solenoid. Following there instructions solenoid is good. If so would my next thing to look for is the obc. If so any ideas on testing or troubleshooting obc ?
https://axleaddict.com/auto-repair/H...a-Bad-Solenoid
Old 10-21-2019, 01:59 PM   #6
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If the solenoid clicks and you get continuity on the big posts then you are fine there.

The OBC lockout circuit is easy to test, as I mentioned if the reverse buzzer is working when the FNR is in Reverse the OBC is not the problem.

Disconnect the MCOR 2-pin connector and verify You have pack voltage on the Blue wire when the Key Switch is turned ON.

Use a large paper clip to jump the two terminals on the harness connector, that will by-pass the MCOR micro-switch.

Test if the cart works.
Old 10-21-2019, 02:02 PM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Check for positive pack voltage on pin 5, lt blue wire. That is the obc interlock. If power obc is good.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 02:32 PM   #8
blkbnzoo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Sorry I feel this is a little over my head so please be patient with me. This may be a silly question but when I do all these test is the toe switch supposed to be in the toe position. When I tried to test the solenoid following the instructions from the link I did it in the toe position. I never heard the clicking noise from the solenoid when testing
Old 10-21-2019, 02:51 PM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If it is tow there is no power to the controller. Must be done in run mode. With that said don’t unplug any connections while in run mode.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 02:52 PM   #10
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I guess it is fair to say the Solenoid has not been tested.

First, just listen for the Reverse buzzer as it does not involve any measurements.

Next test the MCOR as it is the easiest of the two tests.

If the MCOR 2-pin connector has power on the Blue wire with the Key ON and the cart does not move with the 2 pins on the harness side jumped, then test the Solenoid.

I am assuming You are not hearing the Solenoid click.

Disconnect the two quick connector terminals on the Solenoid and place your meter probes on the wires.

Turn the Key Switch ON and press the pedal, if the voltage goes from 0 to pack voltage, replace the Solenoid.

Make sure the Tow/Run switch is on Tow for setting up the tests but on Run when you are actually testing.

Keep one of the rear wheel raised during tests.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car