lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-03-2019, 04:35 PM   #1
dougrobling
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default 100aH vs 120aH...Which to choose

My question is which battery would the experts here recommend.

Looking at 72V Lithium packs in a metal enclosure, with internal battery management system, and 72-12V inverter.

There is a $300 premium for the higher ampacity, which isn't to much, but I'm not sure I need it...

Club Car Precedent with a full Curtis enclosure, Navitas 5KW motor with 600A controller, 22" tires. Neighborhood street driving in Hilly east Tennessee. No golf course use.

Want to be able to cruise 30plus mph everywhere I go and would estimate that would work out to 10 miles most days and up to 20ish on rare occasions.

Thanks in advance for any help....
dougrobling is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-03-2019, 04:46 PM   #2
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 100aH vs 120aH...Which to choose

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougrobling View Post
My question is which battery would the experts here recommend.

Looking at 72V Lithium packs in a metal enclosure, with internal battery management system, and 72-12V inverter.

There is a $300 premium for the higher ampacity, which isn't to much, but I'm not sure I need it...

Club Car Precedent with a full Curtis enclosure, Navitas 5KW motor with 600A controller, 22" tires. Neighborhood street driving in Hilly east Tennessee. No golf course use.

Want to be able to cruise 30plus mph everywhere I go and would estimate that would work out to 10 miles most days and up to 20ish on rare occasions.

Thanks in advance for any help....
Any idea what your amp draw is at 30mph?

I'm sure it's up there. If the draw is 150amps and your going 30mph for 10miles it will take 50ah of battery. 20miles at 30mph will take 100ah.

Your draw might be more might be less use the navitas app to see what it is. I would try and log an entire trip and check the average amp draw. That will get you the most accurate figure.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium