lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2009, 08:57 PM   #1
DragRacer2345
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EZ GO 2 Stroke question

I just bought my first cart, 1986 EZGO 2 stroke. I am not real experienced with carts but eager to learn. My question is, with other carts I have been around the motor did not run until you stepped on the gas pedal, but with mine the motor starts when I turn on the key. Is this normal for a 2 stroke? Is there something with how it is wired that I need to check. The guy I bought it from raced carts. Any help I can get wil be greatly appreciated.
DragRacer2345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2009, 09:09 PM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: EZ GO 2 Stroke question

It's not suppose to work like that, micro switch probably went out and they hard wired to the key switch instead of replacing it.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:26 AM   #3
watkins
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

It's not a 2-stroke/4-stroke thing. Like drag said they hard wired it to a key switch. What are you planning on using the cart for? Plenty of us (including myself) have wired ours to work like this.
watkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 05:40 PM   #4
DragRacer2345
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I am using the cart as a pit vehicle. It sometimes may have to tow my racecar in the pits if it breaks. Not much more than that. It is not a problem for me to have it operate like that, like I said that was the first time I have been around a cart like that.

I will post a pic soon of the cart. It runs great and will make a better pit vehicle for the wife and me than one scooter does.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:11 PM   #5
Cindylynn
Getting Wild

I hated pushing on the gas to start it, I felt it was silly... and wired the key switch so it would start it, as a choice. No, as stated before, this is not a factory option, or a two stroke four stroke option.
Cindylynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:24 PM   #6
DragRacer2345
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks everyone. I think I will just leave it alone.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO