lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-15-2020, 01:28 PM   #11
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Allied, Roypow or different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzIndyGo View Post
Glad I've been deciphering it somewhat accurately.

I'm an engineer by trade, and I analyze the crap out of every potential purchase. Heck, it took me two weeks to decide on a power tool...

Again, I think for some applications, the RoyPow makes sense today. I just don't believe mine is one of those. We'll see how far I can stretch my Duracells and what's available when their time is up.
I also was waiting, but my charger went bad and went ahead and got the 105ah and have not looked back. No more fooling with water and the 10-12 hour charging. Performance difference alone is worth the extra money for it. If I only get 5 years out of it, I'll buy another one (and I'm a cheapskate - so I'm told)
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-16-2020, 08:27 AM   #12
EzIndyGo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Brad View Post
I also was waiting, but my charger went bad and went ahead and got the 105ah and have not looked back. No more fooling with water and the 10-12 hour charging. Performance difference alone is worth the extra money for it. If I only get 5 years out of it, I'll buy another one (and I'm a cheapskate - so I'm told)
Understand, agree, and reinforces my "it's application dependent" position.

Sure, it'd be fun to go a bit faster on my current cart, but it's really not necessary by any means, as I'm rarely on smooth enough ground to put the pedal to the medal.

I'm cheap too.
EzIndyGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 11:08 AM   #13
Naples Native
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning8U View Post
For a plug and play solution with maximum range, I would suggest that you look into the RoyPow S51160 (51v, 160 AH, 8.2 kwh) which has an advertised range of 60-70 miles on a stock cart. (The old advertised range on this battery was 90-100 miles!) We haven't found anyone to drive on the street and report back actual mileage but you should get close to that on a mostly stock cart at 15-18 mph. It simply runs forever just to use 1 bar of charge on the SOC meter.

Also, the range is highly dependent on speed and driving style. (i.e. the faster you travel, the less range you'll have and you will go much further with stop and go (with Regen of course) driving as opposed to flat out, non-stop high speed.
I think I've decided on the S51160 or should I wait for the S51160P? As of now everything is stock other than the lift. I'm in South Florida and drive always on the streets (street legal), usually wide open at 19mph trying to keep out the way of the other cars on the road. My main concern right now is the cart is a 2006 Precedent with the electronics in the center of the batteries. They will have to be relocated as well along with the tow switch. Also, I would like to replace all cables to #2, upgrade the controller, solenoid and possibly the motor as well. I don't need a lot more speed but more will be better. Any suggestions on upgrades after the Roypow installation? Possibly a Plumb quick?
Naples Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 12:05 PM   #14
Icky
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naples Native View Post
I think I've decided on the S51160 or should I wait for the S51160P? As of now everything is stock other than the lift. I'm in South Florida and drive always on the streets (street legal), usually wide open at 19mph trying to keep out the way of the other cars on the road. My main concern right now is the cart is a 2006 Precedent with the electronics in the center of the batteries. They will have to be relocated as well along with the tow switch. Also, I would like to replace all cables to #2, upgrade the controller, solenoid and possibly the motor as well. I don't need a lot more speed but more will be better. Any suggestions on upgrades after the Roypow installation? Possibly a Plumb quick?
Why not just do an A/C conversion?
Icky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 12:34 PM   #15
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Converting to AC still involves relocating components and it must be done all at once.

If You want to do the upgrade in phases, start with a controller like the Alltrax XCT that will allow You to configure the battery amp parameters to stay within the limits of the RoyPow pack capabilities.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 01:51 PM   #16
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naples Native View Post
I think I've decided on the S51160 or should I wait for the S51160P? As of now everything is stock other than the lift. I'm in South Florida and drive always on the streets (street legal), usually wide open at 19mph trying to keep out the way of the other cars on the road.
Keep in mind the regular Roypow battery packs are only rated for 100 amps continuous discharge and 200 amps for a 10 second maximum discharge. This includes both the S51105 and S51160 Roypow packs.

I don't believe that the Roypow performance packs are available yet, but the S51105P and the S51160P Roypow packs are rated at 105 amps and 160 amps continuous discharge respectively. Both P packs have a 315 amp maximum discharge rate for 30 seconds.

Not only do you want to concern yourself with the amp-hour rating, but you also need to consider the discharge ratings of the battery offerings.

Do you know what your present amperage draws are for your various driving situations? You will want to make sure that your amperage draws will be within the ratings of the batteries you choose.

See Roypow technical specs at the bottom of this page: https://www.roypowusa.com/?page_id=26237#bit_bzgti
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 11:15 AM   #17
Lightning8U
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky View Post
Why not just do an A/C conversion?
^^^This
Lightning8U is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium