lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-25-2020, 06:28 PM   #21
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: I think I have had Sepex and Series backwards

I updated your list for you..

1 – Alltrax XCT48500 and comes with fan
2 – Admiral MOT-B4 (sepex switching torque motor)
3 - Harness 625805 for an Ezgo 48txt. Pretty much the same layout as your frame so everything would lay out.
4 – A 2G cable set (would like color coded vs a solid black etc, helps quickly identify cables)
5 – MZJ400A Solenoid
6 - Charger 48vdc
7 – Veego Combo 12v reducer kit for accessories
8 – Batter meter (green)
9 – 3-hole trim kit for key etc (maybe)
10 – FN Bluetooth module
11 - fnr switch and housing
Happy shopping
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-25-2020, 07:07 PM   #22
GradyTX
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
I updated your list for you..

1 – Alltrax XCT48500 and comes with fan
2 – Admiral MOT-B4 (sepex switching torque motor)
3 - Harness 625805 for an Ezgo 48txt. Pretty much the same layout as your frame so everything would lay out.
4 – A 2G cable set (would like color coded vs a solid black etc, helps quickly identify cables)
5 – MZJ400A Solenoid
6 - Charger 48vdc
8 – Batter meter (green)
10 – FN Bluetooth module
11 - fnr switch and housing
Happy shopping
You rule.. no matter what they are saying about you on the other threads... (lol ... joking)...

Thank you so much!

Russ
GradyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 06:11 PM   #23
GradyTX
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Okay, I was able to visit a golf cart shop the other day. The guy there said I did not need to swap from Series to SEPEX as the newer EZGO uses a nice and easy electrical switch (like shown below). (okay... hit post and forgot the switch picture.. looking for one now.. lol)

I THINK it is the SW202... so, that would work.

So, that being said, would that mean I would stick with the SR line of Alltrax?

What would be the Navitas equivalent if I went that route?

He said the key to using an electrical Series FnR switch is a good high voltage quality solenoid and high quality wires and switch, not cheap ones... which is totally fine with me.

Sorry to switch gears here, you have all been so helpful. I think the list is still good, just trying to wrap my head around alternatives so I can make sure to research what I buy. As I told him, I need to make sure (since I am buying it parts at a time) that what I start out with, works with the things I buy last lol...

Nothing would suck more than buying something and finding out you should have used it with something else;)

Anyway, already have the new battery tray and a complete TXT48 wiring harness, plus the lights and a few extra items..

cra... just realized.. the Series will not use the Admiral MOT-B4.. man.. liked the torque / hp on that one lol. Okay, need to find it's equivalent.. lol

1 – Alltrax XSR48500
2 – NOT SURE ON THE TORQUE motor (loved the torque of the MOT-B4, but this is a Series so assume it will not work now)
3 - Harness - GOT IT :)
5 – MZJ400A Solenoid
6 - Charger 48vdc
8 – Batter meter (green)
10 – FN Bluetooth module
11 - fnr electronic switch

Old 01-09-2021, 07:30 PM   #24
GradyTX
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Okay, scratch part of that list....I just sent Scotty an updated list. Based on what everyone has.. and a ton of posts.. and what is probably in stock.. heh

I am looking at the AMD 7126 motor. No, it is not high torque, but since I am not climbing hills etc....it is not going to be taxed that badly so.. should do fine.

So, sent him this list and I think I have it narrowed down. Not sure it would get much better than this. I know Navitas is a great brand, but I am seeing a lot of people with this configuration and they love it so... eh, go with what works.

I also cannot get anyone that has Navitas to confirm a comparable setup so.. lol.. go with the guy that responds well ;)

1 – Alltrax SR48600 (I decided the 80-ish bucks for the 600 was worth the money lol)

 This with the 2G cables
 The SW202
 The 400amp Solenoid
2 – I think the AMD 7126 will do me just fine. It is not a torque, per se.. heh.. but it will not be slow with 4 adults , right?;)
3 – 48v Charger to charge the 6 8v batteries.
4 – Veego combo kit
5 – The 2-hole plate (?) key/battery charge (green)
6 – The Bluetooth module?

That should outfit a 1996 EZGO TXT pretty well, it seems. Then add in 6 8v batteries and some new 205/30-12 wheels/tires and she should be good to go....

Thoughts?

@sir Nuke - thinking that should come out to similar to yours;)
Old 01-10-2021, 11:20 AM   #25
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Issues with commitment huh? I personally would still go sepex but that is just my opinion. Fewer cables, no reverse contactor and more speed. What you have designed will be nice but too slow for me.
Old 01-10-2021, 05:15 PM   #26
GradyTX
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Not issues with commitment lol.. issues with a different opinion every time I talk to someone. The guy at the store I went into said that the Sepex conversions always had issues. I have no idea if that is true or not, but also, looking at the rocker switch they had, it appears it would be less hassle if I just made it electronic vs mechanical, which is all I was wanting to do as I did not like that mechanical arm it used.

I am easy, really comes down to the wiring harness, if I understand correctly. And until that is installed and I can take a photo and go "ok, here is the connectors I have...", it is all speculation. So.. really? Will wait till it comes in and I "see" it. All the invoice and guy said was it was an upgraded oem harness for my txt...

We will see. heh

For now.. snow on the ground, cold as heck.. so, will hang out in the shop and sand down more paint :P

R
Old 01-11-2021, 08:23 AM   #27
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

No worries. Not sure what he means by issues with conversions. A sepex system has fewer moving parts and fewer wires plus the forward reverse is handled by the controller so no fnr switch other than the simple dpdt.
Old 01-11-2021, 08:49 AM   #28
GradyTX
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
No worries. Not sure what he means by issues with conversions. A sepex system has fewer moving parts and fewer wires plus the forward reverse is handled by the controller so no fnr switch other than the simple dpdt.
I think, and forgive me if I am wrong as I have seriously been reading every dang site and forum post and talking to so many people to learn and understand, that I may have this wrong...but I think he was referring to people simply getting cheap parts and they burn up and then a cascade effect happens, i.e. electrical issue leading to an over/under charge that fries the controller or something.

Now, may have been a "doomsday scenarios" by someone wanting to sell a Navitas vs Alltrax... hell if I know.

What I know is that the confusion keeps coming in due to the wiring harness and compatibility issues.

What I try to explain is that as long as the wires reach, imo... since I am literally replacing the entire harness, even have a new started key switch inc, that should..."should" not be an issue.. heh, but I am in no way an expert so, eh.... what do I know.. heh

Anyway, the new harness arrives Wednesday. I hope to get some semblance of how it will fit when it does. The guy at Buggies Unlimited seemed to know what I needed when I explained to him I even wanted a new key heh.. so, I am betting it will fit and handle a 48v system well. That would get the OEM harness resolved, then I should know more about what the rest should be. I am okay with the Series controller, I just do not want it to be mechanical. I am fine with crossing over to Sepex, I (like I have stated) just cannot drop 2k at once, so need to make sure that Part 1 fits with part 27, so to speak.. hence the research and swapping the list over and over heh

R
Old 01-11-2021, 09:33 AM   #29
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If you ordered the harness for a 48txt that is made for a sepex cart and will have a 16 pin plug. It should also have wires the go to the pedal switch, the its, the fnr switch, the key switch, the run tow switch, the solenoid and speed sensor. Attached is the diagram. That 16 pin plug will plug directly into an Alltrax xct400 txt48.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 087F5BF8-D92B-433C-BD13-70279E129BE6.jpeg (167.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-11-2021, 09:36 AM   #30
GradyTX
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks. Will let you know when it arrives what it is.

R
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO