lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-23-2021, 09:55 AM   #1
jwhranger
Gone Wild

Default 36 or 48 volt does it matter for me

I have a 2006 ezgo pds with the factory motor. Alltrax xct 500, it can run off of 36 or 48 volt. Currently running 48 V, but need new batteries. Wanting lithium upgrade, the one I want from evolution is the 48V, but back ordered until May. I use my cart as a neighborhood cart, but have some fairly steep hills, along with lifted cart with bigger tires. Big battery is showing a 36 volt kit which I think would work for me as well, and its 400 dollars cheaper.

I have my alltrax turned way down, don't need high speed, but want to know that I have power when I need it. Does anyone know if switching back to 36 volt with a lithium set up will affect me? The other thing is the big battery kit has 10 year warranty as opposed to 5 from evolution.
jwhranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-23-2021, 09:59 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 36 or 48 volt does it matter for me

I suspect you may be disappointed in reduction of both power and speed. The motor doesn't care if the voltage comes from lead acid or pixie dust. 36 produces less power and less speed than 48v. Also is your motor 48v? If so it may run hot and weak on 36v.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 10:04 AM   #3
jwhranger
Gone Wild

Hey Scotty, thanks for the reply. Motor is the factory 36 V. Got my Alltrax controller from you probably 5 years ago, still going strong! I think I just need to wait on the 48V that I want and not settle.
Old 03-23-2021, 10:24 AM   #4
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Best idea....you won't regret it.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 01:05 PM   #5
emoney
Not Yet Wild

At the very least you would need to change the solenoid back to 36v, but its worth a little wait to stay at 48v. Have you talked to the ExtremeTeam guys to see if they stock a 48v?
emoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 01:34 PM   #6
EzIndyGo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

What's the thought of 36V Lithium versus 48V FLA though? The loss of weight is essentially the weight of a couple people?

Will one notice that much of an overall performance drop going from 48FLA to 36LiFePo4 purely due to just the weight savings? Especially if you're talking about usable torque when climbing hills?

I know that's basically a big run-on question, but just trying to understand and gain a thought process of two completely different technologies and their pros vs. cons.

If somebody HAD to have a new set of batteries now because their cart is useless, are they better off getting the 36V Lithium available now, order a set of 48 FLA, or let the cart sit until the 48V is available in 6+ weeks?
EzIndyGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 11:33 PM   #7
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I would wait the 6+ weeks for 48V.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 04:21 PM   #8
jwhranger
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoney View Post
At the very least you would need to change the solenoid back to 36v, but its worth a little wait to stay at 48v. Have you talked to the ExtremeTeam guys to see if they stock a 48v?
I did, they are the ones I'm waiting on, they are backordered. I'm going to wait on them though, it will be worth it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium