lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-23-2010, 08:20 PM   #1
Stuntdouble
Not Yet Wild

Post 84 G1 solenoids won't pull in

Noobie here,
I have been looking at old post for help, but so far my cart still wont turn over. I just bought this cart and was told that it has not ran in 4 years, and that it has low compression. I wanted to try to make it run before addressing the compression issue, crank seals ie....
So here is the deal. I have checked the blue and yellow wires on the solenoid for power. And they have power. but I never get any clicking. I rebuilt them. and still nothing. I have checked the fuses, and have a brand new battery. I still can not get this old iron pig to grunt (turn over).
I did buy a service manual.

Questions

Is my Key switch bad?
Is my Start Stop Switch Bad?
Is my Starter Gen Bad?
when I turn the key the solenoid should click or do I need to push the pedal to make it click?

Please help this Electrically challenged Noobie

Thanks

David
Stuntdouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-23-2010, 08:32 PM   #2
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Default Re: 84 G1 solenoids won't pull in

On the forward solenoid, did you check the voltage directly on the yellow and black wires where they connect to the solenoid or did you have the negative lead on the battery?
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 04:51 PM   #3
haus513
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntdouble View Post
Noobie here,
I have been looking at old post for help, but so far my cart still wont turn over. I just bought this cart and was told that it has not ran in 4 years, and that it has low compression. I wanted to try to make it run before addressing the compression issue, crank seals ie....
So here is the deal. I have checked the blue and yellow wires on the solenoid for power. And they have power. but I never get any clicking. I rebuilt them. and still nothing. I have checked the fuses, and have a brand new battery. I still can not get this old iron pig to grunt (turn over).
I did buy a service manual.

Questions

Is my Key switch bad?
Is my Start Stop Switch Bad?
Is my Starter Gen Bad?
when I turn the key the solenoid should click or do I need to push the pedal to make it click?

Please help this Electrically challenged Noobie

Thanks

David
If you are just turning the key the cart will not start and the solenoids will not click till you hit the pedal. Check the volts on the wires... what is it ...then turn the key and while hitting the pedal check the reading...... what is it... By the way welcome.....
haus513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:54 PM   #4
Stuntdouble
Not Yet Wild

Thank You.

Both Solenoids were bad. New ones are ordered.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:48 PM   #5
technoid
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntdouble View Post
Thank You.

Both Solenoids were bad. New ones are ordered.
Just a quick question. What was the coil resistance across the solenoids? Open? closed short? Or in the range of 20 ohms?
technoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 05:40 PM   #6
Stuntdouble
Not Yet Wild

New Question
The solenoid will jump off the battery but not the key.
I cant find a broken wire, could the start stop switch be bad or the relay?

Help
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha