lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-01-2011, 09:24 PM   #21
DocDryden
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Just bought 2002 Carryall...

Your Club Car 272 looks a lot like my 2001 Bobcat 2100. $975 was a good deal. I paid $3000 for mine. I have been plowing my driveway for two years and it works great. There have been a few times that I got stuck. I have been thinking about a set of tire chains. I am concerned about damage to my cement driveway. Do you have any problems with your chains?

DocDryden is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-01-2011, 09:57 PM   #22
a plus bob
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by a plus bob View Post
How would a carryall 2 do plowing snow on small drive ways.
I guess I should have said tight areas.
a plus bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:04 AM   #23
jweston347
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hello,
I like the Bobcat! And it does look very similar to the Club Car Carryall. From what I've seen, $3,000 wasn't a bad deal, either.

My chains have been working very well. I don't have those nice, deep-treaded snow/mud tires like you have. The Club Car came with 7 extra spare tires, all of them the turf-type tires. So, I decided to try the chains on one set of tires to see how it went, and so far, so good. I've gotten stuck a couple of times, too, because I had lifted my plow a bit and went too far into a snowbank. It was icey underneath, so the grip was a bit slippery. I only had to shovel out the front tires to relieve the resistence, and it backed out nicely. I was pleasantly surprised at how much snow it can push, only being a 2-wheel drive, 352cc engine. I imagine your back wheels lock like mine. Makes all the difference. I really don't think a 4WD would make all that much of a difference at all in my/our application. It certainly wouldn't be worth it for me. The chains cost me a hundred dollars. I intend to leave them on the same tires and change them out come Spring. Most of my driveway (about 90-100 yards) is gravel, so no problems with damaging the road, which is largely covered now with packed snow and ice anyway. Where I park my cars, I have two cement slabs. I can see where you'd need to be careful on the cement with snow chains. I imagine if there's a good cushion of snow underneath the tires (raise the blade a tad), it would probably be OK if you're careful. What I do is push the bulk of the snow off, then clean up with a shovel or snowblower. I don't put any added weight in the back for traction. Doesn't seem to need it. But, if those nice tires of yours seem to be working fine, then that's probably the best way to go. I don't have any experience using chains together with that kind of deep tread. For me and my application, which is mostly flat terrain with a slight grade in one place, I have no trouble with traction at all.

To answer the question of the gentleman who asked how it works in a tight place, the plow is 60-inches wide. They do come significantly smaller, but, ideally, you want to make sure that the blade is a bit wider than your wheelbase so your tires aren't trying to push through deep snow. In some places, where I don't want to push the snow forward, like against a garage door, I pull forward, lower the blade, and drag backwards. It doesn't get all the way down to the surface completely as the plow rides up a slides a bit on the snow underneath, but the bulk of the snow is removed, and the rest is more easily cleaned up with a shovel or snowblower.

Hope this all helps.
Mark
jweston347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:09 AM   #24
a plus bob
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jweston347 View Post
To answer the question of the gentleman who asked how it works in a tight place, the plow is 60-inches wide. They do come significantly smaller, but, ideally, you want to make sure that the blade is a bit wider than your wheelbase so your tires aren't trying to push through deep snow. In some places, where I don't want to push the snow forward, like against a garage door, I pull forward, lower the blade, and drag backwards. It doesn't get all the way down to the surface completely as the plow rides up a slides a bit on the snow underneath, but the bulk of the snow is removed, and the rest is more easily cleaned up with a shovel or snowblower.

Hope this all helps.
Mark
I planned to carry my blower for weight,and do side walks.I figured if I could get 95% with the blade and finish with the blower it would speed things up a bit.A 60 blade Vs a 28 inch blower should get me through my route faster.I plan to drive it from stop to stop.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:46 PM   #25
jweston347
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Great idea. I take it you live in a neighborhood with a lot of sidewalks. I imagine a lot of people would like that service. How busy are you? What part of the country do you live in? I guess you could also trailer it to other neighborhoods, too, and expand your area.

I'm presently out of the country. I'm working in Liberia at the moment. Just got back here. Quite an extreme difference from CT weather these days. My wife just started using the Club Car to plow and she's having a blast. The UPS driver couldn't get down the driveway the other day, and he got a big kick out of it when she drove up the driveway to pick up the packages in the Club Car. So many people are impressed by it, and one guy wanted to trade his pick up for it.
Mark
CT
Old 02-03-2011, 07:20 AM   #26
a plus bob
Not Yet Wild

I live in a small town and know all the local police.I dont think they would give me any trouble.I think the time saved by unloading and loading on a trailer would make up for lack of speed driving from stop to stop.I was out all day yesterday,and have to go out now to finish.I make more with my blowers than my buddy makes with a truck and blade.I live north of Indy. and we are getting a lot of snow this winter.I have a Carryall 2 lined up.My uncle bought it as a Beer wagon from a golf course.He just bought a Kubota RTV and now wants to sell it.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:28 AM   #27
GuzmanProperties
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jweston347 View Post
Hi folks,
Here's a few photos, as promised, of the "Judith Lynn" with the Moose Plow attached. It moved around 6-8 inches of snow with no problems. The only thing I did was I got careless and snapped the winch cable when lifting the plow too high. Remarkably, NO DAMAGE at all to the plow or winch. Re-attached the hook and off we went again. Excellent vehicle, and excellent plow. The Moose Plow is 11-guage steel. Many are 12-guage, but I don't see any issues with the 11-guage so far. I had also been a bit worried if a 11.5hp 2wd gas cart could handle the snow. Not worried anymore. The chains are on turf tires, stranded every 4-inches. Works fine for me. I have some extra new tires which I'll put on in the Summer, and leave the chains on these tires.
Take care.
Mark
Mark,

Congrats on a great looking machine. I just picked one up myself and was wondering if you could shed some light on the plow set up. Do you have the detailed info on which mount was used for the carryall? Do you have pics of the frame set up?

Thanks,

Ozzy
GuzmanProperties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:14 PM   #28
jweston347
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hello,
I've got the 60" Moose plow. It has five manual positions to angle the plow. I'm sorry, but I don't know the exact model numbers, but I think it's all standard for a UTV-type vehicle. I don't believe it was a special order for the Club Car. I used "Rt. 66 Motorsports" http://www.route66-motorsports.com/ in CT to put the plow on. They also posted more photos of my Club Car on their site. If you give them an email or call, I'm sure they'd be happy to give you the specifics.
Hope this helps.
Mark
Old 05-09-2013, 10:17 PM   #29
carguybill
Getting Wild

Club Car

You definitely got a good deal and I can help you make it an ever better deal if you want to sell me the cab. I think it will fit on my '97 Carryall II.
carguybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 04:36 PM   #30
fishman296
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have a 1995 Carryall II I just bought. It has the mounted brackets for the actuator but the actuator itself was stolen prior to me buying the car. I lifted the dump and from bracket mount on the frame to bracket mount on the dump bed measures 24". From that I assume I need an actuator w/a 24" stroke, like the one in the link below. I'm very new to this so I might be way off base. Any comments? Thanks.

http://www.progressiveautomations.co...actuators.aspx

The part # is PA16-24-330, I assume this means 24" stroke, 330 lbs.
fishman296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car