lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-18-2011, 03:00 PM   #1
dino1028
Getting Wild

Default Need help

I have a club car I think it is a 1998 48 volt the sn#A9831-681060 the problem I am having is after sitting a while if u turn ke on and try to go it won't but if I turn the key off then back on put in forward it works fine any tips on what it might be
dino1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-18-2011, 03:05 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need help

A bad key switch?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:07 PM   #3
dino1028
Getting Wild

Didn't try that but when u first turn it on it jumps a little like it wants to go but doesnt
Old 01-18-2011, 05:25 PM   #4
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

If its a series cart ( F&R lever under right leg ) it could be poor internal contact or one of the micro limits switches on back side may be sticking?
If its a Regen cart ( rocker type switch under right leg ) check the rockers switch for operation? If your near salt air like I am this is common.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:37 PM   #5
dino1028
Getting Wild

It's the one with the knob at the top left is forward right is reverse
Old 01-18-2011, 05:39 PM   #6
dino1028
Getting Wild

Where is the internal contact and how do u go about checking it
Old 01-19-2011, 11:31 AM   #7
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

The Heavy cable internal contacts require disassembly of F&R unit to expose contacts. The micro limit swiches can be checked by looking under seat at the 3 mico limit switches for contacting as F&R lever is moved from forward, then neutral, then reverse.
Looking from under drivers seat at the back of F&R unit, the one against the F&R unit with White wire with Black strip, and Green wire with White Strip are connection from pedal control to solenoid. if this doesnt make contact when lever is placed in forward or reverse no contact will be made allowing solenoid to close. If in doubt with key turned OFF and cart in neutral, jumper the two leads and then turn key on and solenoid should click when pedal is depressed.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:43 PM   #8
white rice
Gone Wild

Club Car

Mine does that too from time to time. I just keep flippin switches...then it goes. But i got the rocker switch How cheesy am I?
white rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:42 AM   #9
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

WHITE RICE--NOT CHESSY AT ALL I understand as a intermitent problem just buggs you some so if it does run after flipping switch your doing OK, until all of a sudden it wont work anymore? Then you will have to repair it right away so it can be used? If its the F&R switch its easy to fix and cheap CC #101856001 $15.00? Of course if its the controller CC Part # 101887901 ( MAY BE REPLACED WITH LATER NUMBER ) $654.00 so your looking at big bucks BUT FIRST you want to check for power to Pins 4 and 5, Pin 4 White wire from F&R switch, Pin 5 Blue wire from F&R switch.
I recommend a Alltrax controller over Curtis ( PRICE DIFFERENCE, RELIABILITY ) , stock Alltrax replacement is NCX300 for "stock motor only", good update would be programable DCX 400 as minimum, or if your plans are later motor update system you should go with a DCX500 unit?
Old 01-22-2011, 07:51 PM   #10
popslcfr
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

If you go online to Golf Cart Parts Direct they have a really good diagram of the cart.
There you can find what and where all the parts are your looking for.
Pretty good site.
popslcfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car