lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2011, 07:48 AM   #1
youngbro401
Not Yet Wild

Default Power Package not so powerful?

Hi guys, I recently installed the following parts into my g9 from CCP:

Yamaha speed spring
New Spark Plug
High flow carb jet
K&N Filter/removed airbox
Yamaha Power Package/belt, spring, inner sheave

I will be installing the CCP exhaust and 7" allsports lift with 10" wheels and 22" tires next week.

In the meantime however, I took the cart for a test ride after the performance parts were put in. I have to be honest, the power increase wasn't as much as I thought it would be. Believe it or not, the torque/pickup seems to have a bit of a delay to it also. Is this normal? Is there anything that anyone can think of that I might have overlooked? I just didn't get the "burnout ~25mph" performance I was hoping for right away. I probably need to do some more adjusting or tuning, but I am new at this. Any suggestions or input is appreciated. Thanks!
youngbro401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-16-2011, 09:59 AM   #2
youngbro401
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Power Package not so powerful?

Anyone have anything to say? I'm anxious to get this thing running good.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:04 AM   #3
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Were you really expecting "burnout ~25mph" performance? IMO your expectations are too high. There are gains to be had but you have to be realistic. Yes, you'll have to tweak it a little to get optimal performance.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:15 AM   #4
youngbro401
Not Yet Wild

To be honest, from what I have read, yes that was what I was expecting. But in my case, I didnt notice much of a performance gain at all...this is what left me puzzled. Anyhow, what kind of tuning specifics are you speaking of?
Old 04-16-2011, 10:40 AM   #5
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Wow... When I started building my Club Car, I knew that my "one lunger" wassn't going to do burnouts...
however, after a year of reading all of the info here at BGW, I have it running at 32 MPH with pretty much a stock engine.

my expectations weren't that high... as far as I'm concerned, yours shouldn't be either,

after all... it is "just" a golf car!

my .02

btw... "wassn't" wassn't a typo!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:30 AM   #6
youngbro401
Not Yet Wild

My expectations were of ~25+mph and you say 32mph. I am currently at 18mph with the mentioned parts installed...I think you fellows may be misunderstanding what I'm trying to ask. In addition, the word "burnout" I used was seen in another post. I certainly realize "it's just a golf cart" however I am trying to understand how to get the performace of maybe 32 mph like others
Old 04-16-2011, 12:12 PM   #7
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

I think your expectations of just the parts you have installed are a little lofty.
That said, you're not going to be doing burnouts in your cart without a different engine. However, 25mph is achievable. You've got a good start with what you've done. Now go do some reading in the Yami section and you will find all sorts of other tweaks you can do

My G-16 topped out at 32mph with 18" tires. So, with the taller tire you'll already get a little boost.

Good luck
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:35 PM   #8
youngbro401
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, I have been doing some research, however I was hoping for some actual specific tweaks rather than having to guess which ones to do
Old 04-16-2011, 12:45 PM   #9
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngbro401 View Post
Thanks, I have been doing some research, however I was hoping for some actual specific tweaks rather than having to guess which ones to do
Have you done anything with the govener?
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:46 PM   #10
crash12888
Gone Crazy

the tweaks are there as well as the results, you just need to sitdown and go through them to determine what you want, other than someone to do it for you. sorry but there is no instant gratification when it comes to squeezing power from a 9HP motor.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha