lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-22-2011, 07:29 AM   #11
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Intermediate steering shaft broken??

Thanks rabbit. Yes lizard loosen the 3 bolts and nuts that hold the rack to the front weldment. And line up the splines male coming from steering column and female from the rack and push them together. Slide the boot over add the zipties and wahlaa done! Maybe you should add a limiting strap since you are lifted and it doesn't happen again.

Colton
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-22-2011, 08:22 AM   #12
LizardLeg
New Cart Security System

E-Z-GO

Going to be heading back out there with a tool kit when I get home from work tonight. Will probably try to add some type of limiter, but really concerned about this. We made it all the way through hunting season and all of the assorted bumps, ruts, etc. over the last 10 months since I've had the buggie.

Sometimes out at the camp, you can't always choose where you have to go and if the steering isnt up to the task... not sure what to do. Would love to go long travel but the $$ after what I've already dumped into this is killing me. Plus, if the front end is long traveland all nice and comfy on the bumps, and the back end is stock with HD springs - doesn't seem all that great in terms of ride. Maybe someone else can chime in here.

If you drive a lifted buggie with a long travel front end (Strech preferred but will take all answers!) - how does it ride off-road with a stock rear end? How much wider is the Strech LT front end over stock? Anything else I should know before making this decision? Need to let Scotty know by this evening if I want him to ship out the LT for me.
LizardLeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:40 AM   #13
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I think you should for sure get a long travel kit!!! I know it's a lot of money but knowing your style it would fit you perfect.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:45 AM   #14
LizardLeg
New Cart Security System

E-Z-GO

I love the look and I think the way it handles would be right up my alley - but, the Mrs. isnt happy right now. Especially when she woke up this morning and saw the assorted cuts, scrapes and bruises she acquired on the walk out last night. She's not mad, she knows that **** happens, but when I've sunk all of this money into "toys" recently... you get the picture.

With all of the funds I've dumped out of the play account into the buggie and my other various hobbies (hunting is not a cheap sport my friends - neither is playing guitar), with our vacation coming up in 5 weeks - she's trying to reign me in a little right now.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:19 AM   #15
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Buy the LT and take the wife for a ride in the swamp with a pitcher of
margaritas and tell her its a vacation. We will all say a prayer for you.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:21 AM   #16
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Well I can't really blame her. just keep sportin your current setup and the spring for the long travel kit. And hunting is one of the most expensive sports.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:32 AM   #17
LizardLeg
New Cart Security System

E-Z-GO

Trying to decide what route to go here. If I do this it looks like the Strech is one of the best, and so is the Jakes. The Strech doesn't come with the rear lift to level the cart back out or the front hitch mount. The jakes has both.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:18 AM   #18
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I have heard mixed reviews about jakes products. You might want to look into that.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:24 AM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I vote for fix what you got and watch out for the really big ditches

No sense in stressing Mama out over the $. Really, if mama is not happy, nobody is gonna be happy.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:53 AM   #20
LizardLeg
New Cart Security System

E-Z-GO

I hear you Scotty - after having to walk out last night, she's very understanding about it. I guess I'm making her reaction out to be worse than it was She's spent the last 20 years of dealing with me in the woods so she knows how fast things can happen out there.

The decision is mine on this, and she'll understand either way, so I'm good there. Just trying to decide if the LT is the way to go, or go home and just leave it as is, since it now seems as if the shaft isn't broken, just needs to be put back together.

Her biggest concern is this happening again when I'm having a bad day with the prosthetic, I'm 5 miles from the camp, and I physically just can't walk back to the camp. The camp is so far out we don't get cell signal so I could be there for quite a while. Someone would eventually come find me, but it might not be until the next morning if I told them I'll be back late that day. Saving the $$ now would seem like a foolish decision at that point.

Just the way things work for me - right about the time I've depleted my play account buying new toys and it's time for me to sit back, get busy and restock it for the next go around of toys, something like this comes up.

To be honest, I'm more of a stickler when it comes to the $$ than she is. Which is why I setup my play account to keep myself in check

I have the 36V DeltaQ charger on the block, some guitars, amps and speaker cabinets as well, so might just hold off and see what happens with that replenishing my play fund. I'm not a very patient guy though
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO