lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-25-2012, 10:28 PM   #1
nwarren9
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Cool G1 big block project br250 bravo

Project for next three or four weeks I have a G1 and with me and my wife on it we have trouble getting up hills . with Yamaha 250

My goal is more power and hot speed any thing over 10 MPH is to much speed

Lock up rear end. for sand trails riding .

Fiberglas body work ( she looks like it crowed out from under a a rock)

floor mats, and the paint job.

If any one out there has some ides you would like to share it would be helpful !!
nwarren9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2012, 07:20 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 big block project br250 bravo

I'm in the process of doing the same thing. Here's what I know....

The Yamaha Enticer 250 engine is identical to the 215 golf cart engine and is likely where Yamaha got the design from for the golf cart engine. The jug is a direct fit onto the cart engine, and the bottom end is nearly identical. The electrics are the same, except the cart has provisions for reverse, which can be swapped out. The ports on the Enticer 250 are much larger and there is no reed valve. The carburetor is much larger. You could simply buy a jug, piston, head, and carb and bolt it onto the G1 engine, that's what i intend to do. Here's a guy who did this already that I talked to about the swap.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/big-b...-250-swap.html

The Yamaha Bravo 250 engine is a completely different casting altogether. There really isn't any resemblance. The electrics are similar enough that you can install the G1 electrics with reverse on this engine. This would require having a complete Bravo sled so you can rob all the engine parts. You would have to rig the primary clutch with a pulley so you can have a starter/gen. Heres a good thread on this swap.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/big-b...lockin-g1.html

IMHO I think the Enticer would be the easier swap since you retain the stock bottom end and use the stock exhaust and clutch and electrics for reverse. You might get more power out of an entire swap though, but you'll be in for alot more work. Either way you go you are looking at considerable power increase, prob at least 50%!
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:28 AM   #3
nwarren9
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 big block pro to start withect br250 bravo

Thank you for the reply! I have been read all the artistic that are on this sight and have a good idea of most of what needs to be swapped around but often some one that has done the same project will say if I had to due it over I would --------. Bravo motor is on the work bench now an have it striped down to the bare motor. planing on replacing the oil seals first thing. Next part is to make up a new motor mount plat. I am also wondering if using the stock G1 muffler as well the stock clutch would work. Mostly because of lack of funds!!!!

Any one have any commits or suggestions ?
Old 10-27-2012, 09:34 AM   #4
nwarren9
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Ooooh, by the way I came up with a bravo engine and carb off Ebay for around $120.00 with redelivery. not bad !! it a 1988
Old 10-27-2012, 10:50 AM   #5
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 big block pro to start withect br250 bravo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwarren9 View Post
Thank you for the reply! I have been read all the artistic that are on this sight and have a good idea of most of what needs to be swapped around but often some one that has done the same project will say if I had to due it over I would --------. Bravo motor is on the work bench now an have it striped down to the bare motor. planing on replacing the oil seals first thing. Next part is to make up a new motor mount plat. I am also wondering if using the stock G1 muffler as well the stock clutch would work. Mostly because of lack of funds!!!!

Any one have any commits or suggestions ?
You will get more power with the Bravo exhaust pipe and it will run better with the Bravo clutch. However, you likely can use the G1 parts and still see a pretty good improvement over stock. The Bravo and Enticer engines were rated for like 20-25 HP and can be tuned for a bit more. So with the G1 exhaust I'd guess like around 15-18 hp, which is double the 215 G1 engine, and the power will come on higher in the rpm range. The Bravo clutch will be tuned for a snowmobile, so engagement will be higher in rpm and might need tuned to accomodate the cart. The opposite is also true, the G1 clutch will engage too soon for the Bravo engine, so tuning that will likely be needed.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:16 PM   #6
nwarren9
Gone Wild

Yamaha

pitchers of the striped down engine.
It looks like I will be using the stock G1 clutch or if I come across a good alternative clutch cheep of Ebay or Craigslist.

DSCF0059.jpg

DSCF0060.jpg

DSCF0061.jpg

DSCF0062.jpg

Last edited by nwarren9; 10-27-2012 at 12:19 PM.. Reason: sp
Old 10-27-2012, 02:37 PM   #7
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I've actually been looking for a G1 to drop a bravo/enticer engine in. I'm going to live vicariously (holy crap I spelled that right the first try) through you.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:10 PM   #8
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Can't wait to see the finished product. Also looking forward to your build along the way! Keep the pics coming!
Old 10-28-2012, 05:06 PM   #9
nwarren9
Gone Wild

Yamaha

right now I have been looking for parts such crab rebuild kits fuel pump rebuild kit. To day ordered oil seals and checked compression it's about 120 lbs not sure if I should replace rings? this is the strangers engine, block I have ever seen, head and cylinder are one peace not sure if it can be honed or not. will update soon.

Last edited by nwarren9; 10-28-2012 at 05:08 PM.. Reason: sp
Old 10-28-2012, 07:10 PM   #10
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

120 should be pretty good. But no harm in doing it now if you can.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha