lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-23-2012, 07:21 PM   #1
Ntriska
Not Yet Wild

Default 2008 EZGO RXV Will Not Drive

Hello all,
I am having an issue with my 2008 RXV. Started because the 4th battery's post was corroded and needed to be replaced.

Replaced battery
Ensured all wiring is correct and tight
All batteries have been individually charged.

Issue:
Golf cart and charger shows no led being lit
When key is turned on battery gauge is full (after individual battery charging)
When in run position accelerator makes no noise or movement
Horn, lights, and reverse horn do not make noise or work.
Tow mode does not work ( probably an autobrake issue but couldn't find a fix)

Any help or guidance on anything that I should look at or troubleshoot would be greatly appreciated on my part!

Thanks,
Nathan
Ntriska is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-23-2012, 07:51 PM   #2
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2008 EZGO RXV Will Not Drive

Have you checked the voltage of the entire battery pack? Also how are the accessories like horn and lights wired, did you just isolate a single battery or use a reducer?
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:41 PM   #3
Ntriska
Not Yet Wild

Thnk you for the response. I will be honest that all of this is new to me so I apologize for some of the questions/comments.
1. How do I go about checking the entire battery pack voltage? I have only checked individually.

2. All lights and horns are wired as they would be from the factory.

3. I am not sure how or what a reducer is so I believe it is safe to say it has not been used.

This cart is completely stock and the only issue was a battery terminal being so corroded that I had to replace a battery. Now that it has been replaced I am having further issues.

Thanks for your help!
Ntriska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:50 PM   #4
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I am talking total voltage of the entire pack. Make sure meter is on correct setting to read 50+ volts and check the main positive and negative wires. On my carts these wires are the positive off of the battery closes to the passenger side and the negative post of the battery that is tucked behind the other 3 batteries. Also RXV's are temperamental when it comes to isolating a single battery to run accessories. It is technically called a DC-DC inverter, reduces 48 volts down to 12, that you can purchase to keep all batteries equal. What were your readings of voltage on your batteries individually?
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO